Merit list North west

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Merit list North west

Post by Rosie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:32 am

Hi, I was told that I had passed my Assessments etc and that I have been placed on the merit list (North west) I originally passed In November but I had an issue with my vetting (had a late reply sent back from my countersignatory) so I had my application withdrawn, i sorted it out and they emailed me 25/03 to say that I had passed my ARC and that I was on the merit list (so I had done all my vetting etc. But due to the extra time the positions had been filled at my prison choice) I have been on the MoJ pages checking if they’d advertised any as there currently are positions advertised, does anyone know anything about what’s going on at the moment with recruitment processes? Or roughly how long the timeframe usually is between recruitment drives?
Thank you
🙃

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Merit list North west

Post by Bearguy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 pm

You’re better off writing into the newspaper for mystic meg to try and fathom out 🤣

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Honestly thought as much 🤣🤣
Patience is definitely a required skill...
I’ve seen a few of your comments on a few different posts, how’re you getting on dude?

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Good luck!

If it seems a wait for Yorkshire and North East the North West jobs seem to only have a short stay on site. I think Mystic Meg may be the way forward seen as recruitment up north seems to have ground to a halt over the last 3 months. Damn they haven’t even updated their COVID-19 page since Tuesday 7th April. Yep I’ve looked that many times for updates that date is etched into my mind.

I’m sure we will get there sooner rather than later. Hope you get your placement soon.

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

I am so glad it’s not just me that has that 7th April etched in there!!
I’ve had random messages containing links or twitter links but nothing else, it’s very frustrating isn’t it!

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Very frustrating! It’s nice that they’re staying in contact but irritating that they aren’t saying anything. Suppose there’s nothing to be done but wait. Even without corona from what I’ve read up north we shouldn’t be shocked if it takes up to a year before a placement! I can’t believe I’m taking a pay cut, possibly relocating and have to wait months before it happens. Things we do to follow a vocation.

TMH90
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TMH90 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Yep, took me 13 months from RAD to poelt first time I joined and that was pre corona. The joys

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Well I’m basically screwed then...
My ARC runs out in November and with this COVID saga I’ve got next to little hope!
See what happens eh?! Definitely not the smoothest of transitions without a pandemic!

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Look at the positives Rosie you’re closer to placement than me. Also read about people coming close to the end of there year pre-Covid but never read of anyone having to go back to ARC. An if you had to go back you’ve passed it once so would walk it the second time. Keep us posted with how you’re getting on.

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Thank you so much!! Think I’m just having a moment!
How far along are you?

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:19 am

The recruitment for any prisons north of Manchester is chronic, there seems to be limited places which are snapped up pretty sharpish !

Must be a better quality workforce up north 😁

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:16 am

Not sure to be honest Bearguy!
It does seem that jobs up north are like rocking horse 💩
Just gotta keep on plodding on and hope to hell something comes up soon!

JCOX4
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by JCOX4 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 am

In the company I work in now staff retention up north is much better than down here, I dont think its just the prison service. Bear you are right in some respects in terms of a better workforce, it boils down to experience. Ive had better frontline assistants come and help out from up north down here and they are better than some supervisors I have had work for me!
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12/19
A&C decision 24/12/19
Failed vetting 30/12/19
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01/20
Decision overturned 25/02/20
Offer and vetting 17/03/20
Vetting passed 21/03/20
Covid-19 saga
Start ????

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 am

I think a lot of people go in to stay in up here too, the people I’ve spoken to have all said similar, just hope I can get in too!!

TMH90
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TMH90 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am

How many prisons are you on the merit list for Rosie? I can’t remember seeing anyone post in the past about their ARC accreditation expiring before receiving an offer. Not to say it doesn’t happen but certainly seems uncommon in my time on the forum.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic