OSG to Officer

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

KeyLedger123

OSG to Officer

Post by KeyLedger123 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:12 am

Morning, i have just Began my Vetting for my Officers, im currently an OSG. I work in a CAT C but still hold my Vetting and CTC from previous work at CAT A. I was vetted 10 months ago as i briefly left the Prison service and came back within a few weeks!

Can anybody tell me if my vetting will last aslong as anybody fresh of the street?

Cheers.

Calm

Re: OSG to Officer

Post by Calm » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi

I’m due to start as a OSG could you tell me would I need to go through the full process to become a prison Officer.

Thanks

KeyLedger123

Post by KeyLedger123 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi mate, Its the same process as if you applied from Civvy Street, However your vetting is ALOT quicker. Mine took 3 days and i got my POELT training date within a Month. I start On the 22nd of July!

Cheers.

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:40 am

Can I ask how long CTC would take?? Do you have to fill out another form for it??

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Ctc is as long as a piece of string 😉 it all depends on how many places you have lived, how many wives, husbands, your parents & their partners or husbands have had. Luckily I lived at the same address for 10 years, only married once & my parents been married donkeys years. Criminal convictions, where you’ve worked etc. Mine came back after 13 days & that was over bank holiday weekend too, so 7 working days for mine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic