(Please help) Failed vetting - appeal process

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
ddiyane

Re: (Please help) Failed vetting - appeal process

Post by ddiyane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello rickson, hopefully the letter arrived by this week - the lady from sscl (I was almost panic crying) and assured me that as long as it’s not related to crime or police, it’s mostly due to references as that’s what people fail almost 90% on! So if it’s due to references their decision mostly overturns :) fingers cross!

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:27 pm

So after waiting a week for my letter from vetting I rang SSCL who said that I should’ve received the letter by now & they are going to email A & C team & ask them to resend the letter. This Is just going to drag it on even more 😖 Patience is a virtue & is defo a necessary skill for a prison Officer 😉

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 am

Oh yeah definitely - waiting for the vetting to be over is a test itself 😫 it’s been 3 months since my vetting and I have yet to start by CTC for god know how long that will take ugh. I feel like this is some sort of learning to be patient trial or something ha.. hopefully the letter arrives soon!

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Wow, you’ve been in vetting for 3 months already. The ctc shouldn’t take long for you, not if you’ve already come this far. My ctc only took a couple of weeks & that was over a bank holiday weekend too.

Fitz84

Post by Fitz84 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi. I failed 2 years ago for no reason applied . Im in this time starting my poelt soon at lilleshall. Good luck

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Hey Fitz84, congrats on being successful & wish you all the best at LIlleshall.
There must’ve been a reason you failed vetting last time? What was the reason they gave you?

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Rickson wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Wow, you’ve been in vetting for 3 months already. The ctc shouldn’t take long for you, not if you’ve already come this far. My ctc only took a couple of weeks & that was over a bank holiday weekend too.
Hello Rickson, my vetting completed - it’s been real long ha..did the letter come through?

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Finally got my letter today & it says that I failed vetting because of my dismissal from my previous job. Also it said that if I wish to appeal I must do with the reasons that I feel the decision should be overturned.
To me, this sound positive, it’s not a resounding ‘NO’. I know that vetting is a minefield of decisions & no 2 scenarios are the same. Also I know it could go either way, in my favour or not.
I’ll give it my best shot, work on my letter this weekend & get it in the post on Monday morning 😊

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 pm

ddiyane wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:42 pm
Rickson wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Hello Rickson, my vetting completed - it’s been real long ha..did the letter come through?
Hi ddiyane massive congrats on your vetting coming through & I’m so pleased for you. Have you been given your start date yet?

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Hello Rickson, thank you :) I’ve actually called up the PR team to speed things up rather than wait for the call. There was several options on the start date- earliest was 22nd July, then 16/09 to nearest centre and 12th August which was residential. I chose 16/09 one since it’s also the prison I’ve worked in before.

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:02 pm

That’s awesome news, even more so that there is options & flexibility. So just over a month & you’ll be in training. Best of luck, keep us posted on how it’s going.

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:16 am

Thank you - hope for the best to you as well. Another girl I kept in contact who was at my RAD got told she failed vetting because of her disciplinary action at her previous job. Turns out dismissal/disciplinary action = automatic fail apparently at least according to someone in sscl so she’s appealing it as she says it was from bad relation between her and the senior manager. Has your letter arrived? Seems like it could be job related than reference.

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Mine is because of my dismissal from my previous job, it said it in the letter I received. It’s such a mine field this whole vetting system, everyone is told something different & everyone is dealt with differently. I’ve fried my brain trying to get my head around it. I’ll post my appeal letter probably Tuesday because I’m waiting on character references from ex colleagues to beef up my appeal.
Is your mate on here, if not get her to join & get on this thread. The more the merrier & the more experience to share 😊

Rickson

Post by Rickson » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:57 pm

I think I initially disciplinary/dismissal from previous job is a fail in vetting but it just takes appealing & more information & mitigation. I’ve read so many cases on here & other forums of people failing because of this, some appealing & being successful & some not successful. Depends of the reason for the dismissal really.

ddiyane

Post by ddiyane » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 am

Rickson wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:57 pm
I think I initially disciplinary/dismissal from previous job is a fail in vetting but it just takes appealing & more information & mitigation. I’ve read so many cases on here & other forums of people failing because of this, some appealing & being successful & some not successful. Depends of the reason for the dismissal really.
I’ve sent this link to her, hopefully she joins too :) yeah I’ve heard vetting is an individual process and there’s even people with convictions who passed, surely dismissal from job is less serious than convictions. Hopefully your appeal get through it’s unfair being dismissed once means you fail vetting without taking in the circumstance around the situation :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic