HELP PLEASE!! Application withdrawn.....

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Dandyman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

HELP PLEASE!! Application withdrawn.....

Post by Dandyman »

Hi all

I'm hoping for a little help and advice with the situation I've noticed over this weekend,

I originally applied for an establishment for male adults which I went and completed my RAD and passed but I then was put on the merit list,

I then applied for another establishment but this one was a YOI I still applied and transferred RAD results over and received an email saying I was on the merit list. This one the recruitment closed 5th August.

I was then delighted to see the north east recruiting for a cluster so I applied and transferred RAD details over.

I have been checking my igrasp account over the weekend and it has changed since Friday, my original application says withdrawn and the comments say no longer available,

The north east cluster says withdrawn and the yoi says submitted, the yoi I have checked and have extended the recruitment to the end of the month,

I've noticed on the forum people saying this could well mean vetting has started, but I wouldn't have thought vetting would happen as I havnt ever done the youth simulation/role play and I assume I would need to do this first?

I have tried long and hard to search high and low but can't seem to find anything that relates to this,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or for the current serving officers that may have heard/dealt with this in the past ?

Much appreciated and thanks in advance!!!
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Application withdrawn.....

Post by LucyWoo »

Someone help here?

Type in the search forum 'application withdrawn' too whilst you wait for replies. See if anyone else has been in the same situation.
One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LucyWoo »

9851colle wrote:Same as me with email mate, mine is with bt. Just set up another email and changed the igrasp page email and also emailed SS the new email address.

If you look on your igrasp page, if any of your campaigns have been withdrawn and only one is left submitted this is a good indicater where your been vetted for. This is how i know there was moment with my application, i then rung SS who confirmed.
Dandyman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Dandyman »

Hi lucywoo, (again) haha

I did see that when I was looking but the fact that when I applied to this one it had closed recruitment and what I was after is if I would need to have done the role plays before vetting could have started.
Alayowen
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Alayowen »

I believe the one that is left submitted is the one you will be vetted for. That's what I have been told, the others are withdrawn.
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LucyWoo »

dandyman wants to know if he had to have done like a young offenders role play at RAD for the position though. But surely if you NEEDED that you'd need to have done it to transfer your RAD results?

I genuinely think you'll probably just have to fill In a bit more paperwork whilst you're in vetting with it being a YOI dandyman. And are being vetted for that establishment. Although I've already said my thoughts lol :slin:
johnboy83
Official Member
Official Member

Post by johnboy83 »

Alayowen wrote:I believe the one that is left submitted is the one you will be vetted for. That's what I have been told, the others are withdrawn.
Dont know if that is always true Alayowen. i have just logged into i-grasp, bearing in mind i start at a prison on the 3rd October. I have a application from last year which i failed still showing as submitted! lol.
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LucyWoo »

But he hasn't had word that vetting has started yet. And he has been withdrawn/'not available' from the other campaign and establishment and only one is saying 'application submitted'...

When you failed surely you found out the vetting had started before you found out your application couldn't proceed?
Dandyman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Dandyman »

Thanks for all of the input and replies,

I really hope that is the case and I have been withdrawn from the other down to not being successful.

I was going to try and ring SS in the morning just to check it's not an error although I don't know if they will have the info as it only happened over the weekend?

Thanks again !!
Alayowen
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Alayowen »

I have had no contact from SS but my countersignatury contacted me to tell me she had been asked for a reference, at the same time OHA rang me. Igrasp just changed with the withdrawn status overnight. Lucy I'm praying I'm wrong because the campaign left is not what I want. :slzi:
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LucyWoo »

You're right about the YOI role play scenario. Maybe you will just have to do one?
Dandyman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Dandyman »

Hi guys

Rang SS first thing this morning and it has been confirmed that vetting has started for the yoi establishment that I had applied for,

Although at this stage I've heard nothing regarding the youth role play scenario that I assumed I would have to undertake unless this can be done at a later date .... :slex:
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LucyWoo »

Mint! :slcl:

Happy for you! :slcup: :slcup: :slcup:
Alayowen
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Alayowen »

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere in the forum that you do the role play for YOI when you do your training.
Previous topicNext topic