new features, blue star, welcome back

Site slow? Links not leading to the right place? Sloppy design? Inaccurate text? we want to know!!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

new features, blue star, welcome back

Post by falkor »

hello, have you noticed that there is a new star showing up to some members in viewtopic? :slhehe:

any member who has been a member for over a year gets a blue star :sltgn:

so, most people wont be bothered about this one way or the other I am sure.

however, what if you are annoyed by this? you can "switch off" the new stars from view, kind of.

if you wish to see the forum without these new stars, there is a way.

to do that, follow this procedure : 1. click on your own name top right, you will see three choices, user Control Panel, profile and LogOut, choose User Control panel.

2. choose Board preferences.

3. in the middle see "my board style" change this to Prosilver NE.

4 hit Submit at the bottom.

5 select Board index.

you now see the forum with none of those Stars!! ..... so its your choice :slby: TIP! if you are going to select Prosilver NE then this style highlights to you any areas of the site which hold posts that you haven't seen, if you get fed up with that (which I did) just click on "Mark forums read" this clears all the highlighting :slby:
==================================================
WELCOME BACK
there is a new kind of Welcome panel at the top of the site
please give it a try, this will stay for the next 7 days, if enough people absolutely hate it I will remove it so please comment if you feel strongly
in the meantime you can TURN IT OFF kind of. if you really cant give it a try at all and want it gone then follow this procedure : 1. click on your own name top right, you will see three choices, user Control Panel, profile and LogOut, choose User Control panel.

2. choose Board preferences.

3. in the middle see "my board style" change this to Prosilver Special Edition.

4 hit Submit at the bottom.

5 select Board index.

you now see the forum with none of the welcome back stuff at the top!! ..... so its your choice :slby:
Previous topicNext topic