How do you unwind?

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: Chryo

Samurai
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Samurai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 am

Playtime with my kids, and if I've any energy left afterwards and the Mrs allows then a visit to the gym and also martial arts

Chrisingle1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Chrisingle1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Love it...football rugby (league) fishing cycling walking gym anything physical. Willing to try anything new. Used to play rugby league (northern boy) so agree with the more entertaining game.

GSDKris
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GSDKris » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Also from the north(better part of the country). And union is for more intelligent people so I completely understand why league is for some of you guys.
Hence why we all went to posh schools :-) πŸ˜‚

I didn't go to posh school, far from πŸ˜‚, just union was what my local club played and what I started when I was 11. But yeah at least it's not kissball.
Consistency is πŸ”‘

Freshstart
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Freshstart » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:29 pm

YNWA wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:29 am
Freshstart wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:17 am
GSDKris wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:23 pm

League or union??
League isn't proper rugby :sltgn:
Who's this guy piping up nowπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
League by far more attacking and entertaining
Unless your a posh snob who wants to go to Twickenham park the Bentley and watch kick and clap
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I was considering joining a rugby club as I'm pretty unfit at the moment...should I join a union club if I want to keep my looks? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Yeah them cauliflower ears you get from shoving your head up another mans arse don't look great do they
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒJTF96πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Saffa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm
Yeah them cauliflower ears you get from shoving your head up another mans arse don't look great do they
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They "scrum" in league.
You can have cauliflower ears from union or you can wear your nose on your cheek in league. :slbg:

Freshstart
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Freshstart » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:48 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm a female lol! And just kidding! In this part of the world it's mainly Union but I do like both! Not sure I'm fit enough to be playing either! Scraped my RAD fitness without having done any exercise for prior six months (due to two big injuries), now realised how unfit I am! Just started running this week. I'm doing ten minutes a day this week with aim to ramp it up to 15mins next week and 20 the week after...aiming to then stay at around 20-22mins at least three times a week long term adding in some light weights and Pilates. Did wonder about rugby to meet a few people and for the interval training side but worried everyone will be bigger and fitter than me!

Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Saffa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:08 pm

I don't know where you're based but there are a fair few ladies teams near me and I can say that they are very, very welcoming. The only "problem" I find is that some of the ladies think they have to be rough and tough BECAUSE they play.
Having reffed a reasonable amount, most of the ladies are in it for fun and fitness is certainly not an issue.
One club has a rather large front rower who appears to missing both sets of lungs but she moves about the park, constantly going, even if it's slower than everyone else. Come scrum time though...... :-)

Rugby is for everyone, regardless of shape, size and fitness etc :slbg:
Last edited by Saffa on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 pm
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They "scrum" in league.
You can have cauliflower ears from union or you can wear your nose on your cheek in league. :slbg:
That ain't no scrum in league it's a way to start the game again
Looks a farce and should be changed imo
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒJTF96πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:48 pm
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm a female lol! And just kidding! In this part of the world it's mainly Union but I do like both! Not sure I'm fit enough to be playing either! Scraped my RAD fitness without having done any exercise for prior six months (due to two big injuries), now realised how unfit I am! Just started running this week. I'm doing ten minutes a day this week with aim to ramp it up to 15mins next week and 20 the week after...aiming to then stay at around 20-22mins at least three times a week long term adding in some light weights and Pilates. Did wonder about rugby to meet a few people and for the interval training side but worried everyone will be bigger and fitter than me!
I don't mind union just not as much as league so I only watch the big internationals tournaments
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒJTF96πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Freshstart
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Freshstart » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:08 pm
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:48 pm
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I don't know where you're based but there are a fair few ladies teams near me and I can say that they are very, very welcoming. The only "problem" I find is that some of the ladies think they have to be rough and tough BECAUSE they play.
Having reffed a reasonable amount, most of the ladies are in it for fun and fitness is certainly not an issue.
One club has a rather large front rower who appears to missing both sets of lungs but she moves about the park, constantly going, even if it's slower than everyone else. Come scrum time though...... :-)

Rugby is for everyone, regardless of shape, size and fitness etc :slbg:
I'm in Wales so a few round here! Thanks for the encouragement! I might see if I can get to a twenty min run in the next couple of weeks and then join! I'm the type of person who likes to be fit before I go to the gym! I've been vaping a lot which is holding me back I think plus I'm really feeling the exercise I've started in my legs; I'm not really into doing things by halves though so I'll push on!

Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Saffa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 pm

If you join a club in the next few weeks, they're bound to still be doing preseason.
Preseason is amazing! (said no one ever) but it will certainly boost your fitness
Last edited by Saffa on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Hemlock'

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Who woke up the egg-chasers?

NTKB :slin:
If you post on a public forum, asking for opinions, I may give mine - I don't care if you don't like what I post... I don't care what you think about me... it simply isn't important!

Freshstart
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Freshstart » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 pm

NeedToKnowBasis wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Hey! I'm only considering it! and I'll take your post in the encouraging manner I'm sure it was intended lol!

You want for colleagues don't you? (Ok I still have to pass vetting), but I've even had a bottle of lucozade today! They'll want me for the Olympics at this rate πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 pm

NeedToKnowBasis wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:43 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒJTF96πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic