How do you unwind?

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: Chryo

User avatar
Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 am

How do you unwind?

Post by Moredread » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Just curious how people unwind after a tough day?
Doesn't matter if you're in the service or waiting to start.

For me it's music and being around the many animals at home.
Depending on my day the music can be anything from metal/rock to classic house/trance/hard house.
The animals help me switch off as well as their needs rely on me sorting feed, bedding and general welfare.
One thing I've never turned to is drink. I think coming from a family of heavy drinkers and me needing my licence to earn my current living has steered me away from alcohol. And I'm not saying having a beer is a bad thing, it's just not my thing πŸ˜‰

So come on then....

Sidabal
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Sidabal » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Waiting to start. I either go rock climbing with my friend or chill and play some games

User avatar
Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Saffa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Listening to music.
Rock/Metal has seen me through some difficult times in my life and the music has always been my go to.

I also look forward to rugby. Working my ass off on the pitch and leaving it all there. Smashing people (and getting smashed) really does help with stress relief. :slhe:

User avatar
GSDKris
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 am

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by GSDKris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I tend to pray the mrs is working a long day 0700-2100 on a Saturday and get myself a fishing trip booked for the weekend as I work mon-fri currently. Like to have things too look forward too.

Failing that can't beat a nice Indian with the better half after a really rubbish day.
Last edited by GSDKris on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consistency is πŸ”‘

User avatar
GSDKris
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 am

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by GSDKris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm
Listening to music.
Rock/Metal has seen me through some difficult times in my life and the music has always been my go to.

I also look forward to rugby. Working my ass off on the pitch and leaving it all there. Smashing people (and getting smashed) really does help with stress relief. :slhe:
League or union??
Consistency is πŸ”‘

User avatar
Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 10:08 am
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Kryptonian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Football, up-cycling furniture, yo-yo weight management and red wine :slin:

Fireflash
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Fireflash » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Talk about it... when i have a tough day at work (fire service) i definitely find that sharing it helps, although i don't go into too much graphic details.
I imagine that the experienced officers on here will say the same thing. Only thing is that you need is to be in a solid relationship so that you can get the full benefit... nothing worse than talking to someone who doesn't really care or understand!

User avatar
Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Saffa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:29 pm

GSDKris wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:23 pm
Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm
Listening to music.
Rock/Metal has seen me through some difficult times in my life and the music has always been my go to.

I also look forward to rugby. Working my ass off on the pitch and leaving it all there. Smashing people (and getting smashed) really does help with stress relief. :slhe:
League or union??
Union. League isn't that big where I come from. I'd play 7s too, but I am not built for that sort of nonsense :-)

Julia2501
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:57 am

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Julia2501 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:29 pm

I lead a pretty hectic lifestyle - my partner works away for three weeks at a time, I'm a teacher so when I finish work i take my son to football or cricket (every weekday night he's doing something and saturday and Sunday mornings sometimes), plan lessons and mark work at home. This leaves not much time to unwind but like now when I'm off work I love nothing better than reading a good book. I also love to hand the car keys over to my partner when he comes home from work after three weeks of driving here there and everywhere 😜

User avatar
Lthenewbie
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Lthenewbie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Sex

User avatar
GSDKris
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 am

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by GSDKris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Union. League isn't that big where I come from. I'd play 7s too, but I am not built for that sort of nonsense :-)
Good, it's the much better sport anyways.

You mean you've put on a few pounds and don't have the CV to be able to play with 7 blokes on a full size? That's what I'd say about myself πŸ˜‚
Consistency is πŸ”‘

User avatar
Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Saffa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:46 pm

GSDKris wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 pm
Saffa_Matt wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Union. League isn't that big where I come from. I'd play 7s too, but I am not built for that sort of nonsense :-)
Good, it's the much better sport anyways.

You mean you've put on a few pounds and don't have the CV to be able to play with 7 blokes on a full size? That's what I'd say about myself πŸ˜‚
No, I am losing weight, which I am chuffed about. I have little legs and teeny, tiny lungs :-) hehe! :slbg:
I can't keep up with the whippets, but when I get mu hands on them........ :slyay:

User avatar
Karen47
Counsellor
Counsellor
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Karen47 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Hanging out with my dog, going to the gym, having a few glasses of wine with family/friends :slbg:
RAD 13/06. Pass result 14/06 :slyay: . Merit listed 20/06. Applied 2nd establishment 24/06, POST test passed 26/06. Conditional offer 11/07. Vetting starts 12/07. Passed vetting 30/10. Poelt 08/01 :slyay:

User avatar
YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Here

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by YNWA » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Well Matt and Kris I'm sorry I'm the one to inform you
But your both wrong
League by far the better gameπŸ‘
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒJTF96πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

User avatar
Saffa
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: How do you unwind?

Post by Saffa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm

YNWA wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm
Well Matt and Kris I'm sorry I'm the one to inform you
But your both wrong
League by far the better gameπŸ‘
I like rugby. if leagues is on, I'll watch it (although I don't fully understand the laws) I LOVE the brutality of it. Something missing in Union. I also like 7s.
The issue is with League, I've not had the exposure to it so I couldn't say I follow it.
I do have a favourite from when I watched the league world cup. Roger Tuivasa Scheck. That guy...... :slcl:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic