has anyone passed vetting with a past caution?

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Hervoice

Re: has anyone passed vetting with a past caution?

Post by Chez32  »

Okay try again I think I’ve added you now.

Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Hervoice

Post by Chez32  »

I’ve messaged for some help seems to be some issues adding you.

Au79 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Au79  »

I’m in the group now thanks Chez32

Post by Guest »

Hi guys and gals, first post on this forum.

I was wondering the same thing -- about having a criminal record and passing the vetting process for the prison service: is it worth applying if I have a conviction for ABH and a possession of a class B drug, namely Mephedrone?

It will be a decade next month, since my conviction, and suffice it to say, since then -- I've learned my lesson! I've never been in trouble with the law since my conviction. Well I gotten a fine for not paying my TV licence a few years back but I certainly didn't give it the big'un in nightclubs anymore. I'm deeply ashamed of my actions. I mean sheer stupidity on my part. I want to put it down to immaturity but I feel it's a bit of a cop out as plenty of other 20 year old's manage to behave themselves. I gotten what I deserved. It was coming to me as I was a bit of Jack The Lad type. I see it as a wake up call. I could have potentially killed someone and ended up in jail for all the wrong reasons. To say that I'm a different person to whom I was a decade ago, would be an understatement - I'm not reformed, I'm bloody grown up. I just look back with horror and think, why didn't anyone pull me aside and tell me what an idiot I was. Well, I guess if one surrounds themselves with idiots then one cannot expect anything else.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm sure you've had a few posters like me querying in regards to this, over the years. Thanks for taking your time out to read my sob story. Of course I don't pity myself in the least -- I just look back and shake my head in disbelief at the idiocy.

catmando

Post by catmando »

This is me by the way. I've no idea as to what just happened and why it says "guest". Anyway, eagerly awaiting feedback.
Guest wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm Hi guys and gals, first post on this forum.

I was wondering the same thing -- about having a criminal record and passing the vetting process for the prison service: is it worth applying if I have a conviction for ABH and a possession of a class B drug, namely Mephedrone?

It will be a decade next month, since my conviction, and suffice it to say, since then -- I've learned my lesson! I've never been in trouble with the law since my conviction. Well I gotten a fine for not paying my TV licence a few years back but I certainly didn't give it the big'un in nightclubs anymore. I'm deeply ashamed of my actions. I mean sheer stupidity on my part. I want to put it down to immaturity but I feel it's a bit of a cop out as plenty of other 20 year old's manage to behave themselves. I gotten what I deserved. It was coming to me as I was a bit of Jack The Lad type. I see it as a wake up call. I could have potentially killed someone and ended up in jail for all the wrong reasons. To say that I'm a different person to whom I was a decade ago, would be an understatement - I'm not reformed, I'm bloody grown up. I just look back with horror and think, why didn't anyone pull me aside and tell me what an idiot I was. Well, I guess if one surrounds themselves with idiots then one cannot expect anything else.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm sure you've had a few posters like me querying in regards to this, over the years. Thanks for taking your time out to read my sob story. Of course I don't pity myself in the least -- I just look back and shake my head in disbelief at the idiocy.

Au79 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Au79  »

Hi Catmando I’ve been on the vetting train for 8wks and 3 days so I’ll let you know how I get on, good luck. :slre:

catmando

Post by catmando »

Okay, thank you mate. Good luck.

Au79 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Au79  »

Have you applied yet Catmando?
Go for it if you haven’t buddy.