Referred For A Decision

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Referred For A Decision

Post by Bearguy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:24 pm

I think under the current climate, you are making a good move J, one thing for sure is that there are always going to be bad people need looking after, those numbers are only going to rise too so the need for staff will be great.

I am on furlough at the moment, from a job in the automotive industry, which is completely on its arse now, I know come August, when the company has to make tax contributions on my wages, I’ll be getting the bullet, as no one is making cars right now. I cannot wait for prison officer recruitment to fire back up again so I can try and secure my families future, it’s very troubling times.

Also, I’m sick of multi BILLION dollar companies pestering people because they haven’t been able to make their regular payments.

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by londonlad81 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

My concern also is, what if they contact your employer for a reference and you still fail vetting? That means that your employer thinks you want to leave, especially in this current climate! Then if you fail you have to go through the whole saga of appealing and then go through it again!
Surely if they are waiting for a reference they could just tell you who they’re waiting for?
I work for a big employer so I just gave them my regions head office address.

TMH90
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TMH90 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:38 pm

When I went through vetting in 2018, they didn’t contact any of my references. So can only assume they checked my history through HMRC. As I’d put my manager down as a reference I informed him of my application as soon as I began the vetting process as I didn’t want them finding out via email from SSCL.

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by londonlad81 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:17 pm

I thought they checked HMRC records too. I guess they maybe check a reference if a date doesn’t match up or maybe they’re checking my previous prison, as I resigned after a few months after poelt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic