HMP Berwyn Vetting

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Re: HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Emma101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks moredread,

So xcbx do you think we are in with a chance of getting into a role there before our rad results run out ? I am currently looking for other work because I hate being at home, just awful not knowing if this job will come to fruition or not :sloo: I just want the provisional offer, I can wait for vetting, least I know there will be a decision come the end of it, I'm still debating applying for Manchester because the daily commute could take its toll, but i may be left with no choice , have you applied elsewhere ?
Emma

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by Xbcx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

The next nearest from me is a hour and 10 mins it would like 2 hours and 20 added on to my day.... Where berwyn is 30 mins, not sure what to do yeah same as me even it start date is months away least you can make choices then.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm

After the news article and subsequent Facebook post on KTD about Berwyn I'd be weary about joining there any time soon. Seems the prisoners run that prison and management are falling over backward to please them.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

SWm5436

Can you tell me what KTD is I'm intrigued, does that mean people will be leaving ? My only other option is Manchester 1 and half hours away from me making a 3 hour round trip on top of my shift everyday, I'm with you xcbx it's a lot on top Berwyn is still around 50 mins from me, but I could manage that.

Emma

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Know the danger, it’s a Facebook page. Yes old and new staff are leaving, there is no support from management.

Posted here also

http://prisonofficeruk.proboards.com/th ... ollTo=1637
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Emma I have had an offer this morning have you?

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Xbcx

Absolutely brilliant news no I haven't but you have been waiting much longer than me, really pleased for you :slcl: was it just a normal email? Bet your chuffed to bits, I would be. Even with all the bad press at the minute about Berwyn, I'm not put off at all, hopefully my job offer will be sooner rather than later. Congratulations again

Emma

Negative13
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Negative13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:42 pm

That's great news congratulations! I applied around the same time as you so hopefully myself and Emma will not be waiting much longer! Good luck! :slbg:

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Negative13 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:42 pm
That's great news congratulations! I applied around the same time as you so hopefully myself and Emma will not be waiting much longer! Good luck! :slbg:
Hopefully not its been a long wait!

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Negative 13,

Shouldn't be long before you hear something technically I did my rad in oct, although couldn't do fitness because the nurse wasn't present so didn't take fitness part till beginning of Nov so Im assuming the date they will go off is the one after fitness so I could still be waiting a while :sloo: I just hope with the press saying they are looking to recruit more officers I will be considered sooner rather than later. Good luck xcbx let us know how the process goes for you !!!!

Emma

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm

They have said to me on phone it doesn't go of when you was merit listed it goes if rad results so hopefully your turn next!

Negative13
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Negative13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm

I have just gone over my previous emails and I received my RAD results on the 31st of July.
Unsure if my results are anything to go off but I received a range of grades between B/A. So hopefully that's not the case!
I was starting to wonder if my BMI was taken into account as I am 5'11 weighing at 76kg. Which is not the smallest but I am a long shot from looking intimidating. If that is the case I better keep training!
Hopefully its only a matter of days before we hear something :slbg:

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 pm

doubt your bmi will have anything to do with It could be a case of a mark off ect they have prob just selected so many to start off then will do more in a week or so, it says on the fb page the next 3 courses will be organized so surly not far away!

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm

So it does go off rad results hear some say it does and others not. I got mostly A+ and a couple of B+ dont know whether that's good or not :sloo: fingers crossed everyday still checking emails around the clock :slbli:

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Negative 13

Your bmi should have no relevance. You have been passed as physically fit medically and that's that. I'm also not a small petite woman :slwott: I really worked hard to pass my fitness and did genuinely thinking that's the hardest part the whole rad and yet this wait is much harder. I don't know about you but it's really frustrating me the waiting :slwh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic