HMP Berwyn Vetting

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Re: HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Emma101 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Negative 13 and xcbx,

I have heard also April on the grapevine. If this is the case hopefully we won't be waiting much longer to get a provisional offer and the vetting forms. I have read so much stuff on here that vetting can take up to and even over 3 months :slaN: so if we don't hear anything soon, does that mean the list is really long and others will be invited onto that. Negative 13 It is also a dream job for me, so I can wait but I'm a worker so I think I may have to look for something in the meantime. Being a stay at home person is definitely not for me. I think others would also have better rad results than me so bit worrying, be interesting to have a rough idea how many others are waiting for Berwyn. :sloo:

manc-apollo
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by manc-apollo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:02 pm

There are 250 people waiting for positions at HMP Berwyn! So you could be in for a long wait. Stay positive tho guys, a lot of people are leaving as well so there will be plenty of position in the jail 😊👍

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm

:slag:

One course starts Monday

Then they have Feb April and may planned so far
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks Manx apollo and kilorean,

I have thought about applying for a job in the meantime but then read on a thread yesterday that if you start a new job it can delay the vetting process :sloo: I would just be happy to receive a conditional offer right now and the vetting can take as long as it does, I think the worry is in thinking I have gone through the rad for nothing and may in fact be in a position where I have to do it all again as it's the job I want to do. I did my rad back in September :?

Emma

Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Moredread » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:18 pm

I had an issue with my now ex-boss a while back and knew it was time to look for other work to tide me over. I called SSCL and asked the question about changing jobs whilst still going through vetting and would it affect my application. I was told it wouldn't, but it might be worth a quick call to find out for yourself.
It seems different people have different experiences and answers from SSCL.

Hjl
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hjl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Emma101 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:46 pm
Thanks Manx apollo and kilorean,

I have thought about applying for a job in the meantime but then read on a thread yesterday that if you start a new job it can delay the vetting process :sloo: I would just be happy to receive a conditional offer right now and the vetting can take as long as it does, I think the worry is in thinking I have gone through the rad for nothing and may in fact be in a position where I have to do it all again as it's the job I want to do. I did my rad back in September :?

Emma
If you haven't had a conditional offer yet then it won't slow anything down as you haven't begun vetting. I have also heard it can slow vetting if you change jobs once vetting has began
Rad- 24.09.17
Conditional Offer - 13.10.17
Pre Employment Forms Submitted - 16.10.17
The Call - 15.12.17
Start as OSG - 05.02.18
POELT - 02.04.18 @ Wymott

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Won’t slow vetting down all they need
To do it’s get one extra reference from your new employer.

Just let SSCL know you Change jobs ASAP
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks everyone for all your replies,
I am going to look for something in the meantime, at least I will have a different focus whilst I am waiting.

Regards
Emma

Annj6
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Annj6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:53 pm

I took my RAD in June for Berwyn but had to re take fitness, vetting started beginning of August and only found out 3/4 weeks ago I’d passed. Vetting took 17 weeks for me but finally start in April!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all waiting! Hope it’s not too much longer 😊

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Wow an j

Congratulations :slcl: that's brilliant news for you. If you have been waiting since round June time, since doing your rad and only got training for April this year, I can't see me being contacted anytime soon, so frustrating :slst: if I knew it would be like this ( long drawn process ) I would have started applying earlier for another position in the meantime. Let's hope others waiting along with me won't be waiting till the end of this new year

Emma

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had any correspondence at all in regards to Berwyn. I have looked at all the other prisons recruiting and the closest would be hmp manchester, this is roughly an hour and a half drive for me, just wondering whether this is doable and will better my chances at getting a provisional job offer, also have heard negative comments about it and wondering whether this rings true. Also has anyone contacted Berwyn itself to enquire about vacancies or shared services or would this be pointless? I know others have been waiting much longer than myself but most signatures I read have provisional job offers immediately except one I have seen which was three months.

Feeling in limbo still

Emma

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by Xbcx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:38 pm

No nothing since was put on merit list months ago :?

Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Moredread » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 am

You could try enquiring through the Berwyn Facebook page, there does seem to be a few good admin on there that work at the prison and they may be able to help.

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by Xbcx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

There was a post back in Dec on the Facebook page saying next dates was bring organized shared services adviced Me to find somthing in the mean time as will be a few months I applied in July

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Emma101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks moredread,

So xcbx do you think we are in with a chance of getting into a role there before our rad results run out ? I am currently looking for other work because I hate being at home, just awful not knowing if this job will come to fruition or not:sloo: I just want the provisional offer, I can wait for vetting, least I know there will be a decision come the end of it, I'm still debating applying for Manchester because the daily commute could take its toll, but i may be left with no choice , have you applied elsewhere ?
Emma

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic