HMP Berwyn Vetting

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Re: HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Xbcx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

That's what she told me as when I passed rad there was a delay as one of my proof of id went missing so it delayed the next stage i rang up and was worried about it delaying she told me the next course was full anyway and I would be put on a merit list anyway and said I wouldn't be at a disavantage due to it going off results I had mostly a+ and 2 or 3 b+

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Nothing to do with results

Know people who did better than me started after me from same rad

It’s just luck of draw tbh

There is a cohort train now one Feb April may time

After than no more planned as yet

But people leave weekly

My opinion don’t depend on the job it’s not what people think

It’s a shit job some days other days best job in world

I love my job but do have bad days

Just be prepared for a hard graft you get out what you put in
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Emma101 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Kilorean,

I'm not put off by the bad press etc, I believe this job was made for me, so am really eager to start already. I get it's not an easy job at all and I'm not expecting it to be, but I do think I will be good at it. I really just hope I'm not waiting months, because although I would love it, I also need to work sooner rather than later, struggling to find something temporary.

Emma

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Not trying to put anyone off just being honesty

As for bad press well that’s mostly true

Still love the job

But I’d look for another job and forget about Berwyn for now I waited 11 months from rad to start but it worth the wait

Keep looking for work and stay positive the acll will come in the end

And look at other jails as well

Lot s of jails by Berwyn are recruiting ;)
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Emma101 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks kilorean,

I appreciate the reply, and the glimmer of hope you give that the call will come. I am unaware of prisons close to Berwyn recruiting, I am only eligible for adult establishments and the nearest recruiting when I looked was Manchester, so would mean a daily commute of three hours on top of a shift, and I think it would be too much after a while. My husband is having doubts about me joining with what's being written about the state of the prison service, so I'm having to have a really hard think about doing what's best.

Emma

freak
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by freak » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 am

Berwyn is only half full so they will need double the staff they have now when they get full plus more to cover all staff that are leaving

so your call will come just a question of when don't be put of loads of staff hate it but some love it. you won't know unless you go for it
(we need you) couldn't book any annual leave this month cause of no staff to cover
Just don't leave a good job for this as the majority don't like it
I'm like Kiloren love it most days
Y N W A

Negative13
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Negative13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 am

To be honest I am beginning to have doubts, I passed my RAD in July and still yet to hear anything even remotely reassuring.
I am also thinking about moving home in the coming months so this will yet again slow down the process. Vetting hasn't even began and people are starting to receive start dates.

I understand its a very long line to be appointed but with the position the prison service is in and the examiners on the day of the RAD telling us prison officers are needed, makes you think.

It is something I really want to do and a career to be proud of. I am going to call SS tomorrow and find out if anything has changed after being on the merit list since September.

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by Xbcx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:00 am

Negative13 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 am
To be honest I am beginning to have doubts, I passed my RAD in July and still yet to hear anything even remotely reassuring.
I am also thinking about moving home in the coming months so this will yet again slow down the process. Vetting hasn't even began and people are starting to receive start dates.

I understand its a very long line to be appointed but with the position the prison service is in and the examiners on the day of the RAD telling us prison officers are needed, makes you think.

It is something I really want to do and a career to be proud of. I am going to call SS tomorrow and find out if anything has changed after being on the merit list since September.
It will happen I did in July and only comr of merit list last week so you can't be far off

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic