More closures

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

Ethnic
Committee Member
Committee Member

More closures

Post by Ethnic » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:01 pm

My thoughts to those who have been told that they are to close imminently.

I await our fate.........
No good news for anyone, if aqnyone was ever in any doubt about what our employer thinks about us, this should put them all to rest. We are not thought of.

demoralised
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: More closures

Post by demoralised » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 pm

nice to see that somebody has been prompted by the downfall of another prison to have a say ....gutted that this such strongly vocal site has fallen by the wayside and couldn't raise a wimper In sympathy

Ethnic
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ethnic » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

I know that Falkor has decided that it is someone elses time to provide this for us, but why has traffic stopped?

As far as I know we can still post on here - this is confirmation in itself - but where is everyone?

The least we can do to say thank you to Falkor for having given us this great forum is to ensure that it stays busy so that any potential buyer can see the value in it, not to mention the value of the forum to ourselves. Have to say that there is NO alternative site that I'm aware of. The U.S. ones are just that and the POA forum allows no cloak of anonimity - something which is priceless in the current climate for anyone who wishes open and honest discussion.

If we don't use this site, we will lose it forever in whatever form it might take.

What about anyone from the establishments that arwe closing, anything to add?

Anyone from Channings Wood like to tell us what is going on there?

Anyone..........????????

lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by lirjo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:36 am

i am an ex officer of 32 years ..
ITS SAD 90 percent of the staff of today are gutless wimps compared to when i joined .
i would like to be proved wrong but i dont hold my breath ,
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

The Highway Man
Official Member
Official Member

Post by The Highway Man » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

Ethnic wrote:I know that Falkor has decided that it is someone elses time to provide this for us, but why has traffic stopped?

As far as I know we can still post on here - this is confirmation in itself - but where is everyone?

The least we can do to say thank you to Falkor for having given us this great forum is to ensure that it stays busy so that any potential buyer can see the value in it, not to mention the value of the forum to ourselves. Have to say that there is NO alternative site that I'm aware of. The U.S. ones are just that and the POA forum allows no cloak of anonimity - something which is priceless in the current climate for anyone who wishes open and honest discussion.

If we don't use this site, we will lose it forever in whatever form it might take.

What about anyone from the establishments that arwe closing, anything to add?

Anyone from Channings Wood like to tell us what is going on there?

Anyone..........????????

I have my own forum and I'm prepared to give you your own private forum. My address is www.online-exiles.co.uk
I limped the Great North Run in aid of the RNLI. You can still sponsor me at https://www.justgiving.com/ScouseTom1

Ethnic
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ethnic » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:57 pm

lirjo wrote:i am an ex officer of 32 years ..
ITS SAD 90 percent of the staff of today are gutless wimps compared to when i joined .
i would like to be proved wrong but i dont hold my breath ,
Not quite the 32, but I echo the rest

todgeboy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by todgeboy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:31 pm

If we are all honest we dont really care as long as it aint our jail shutting.if you are picked it is end of story. No backing whatsoever from fellow staff or poa. The union is finished. We are a force no more. Shame but who of you would disagree ?.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic