Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Inmate threw urine in prison officer's face then threatened to kill another

Post by falkor »

Morgan Butts threw a cup of his urine into the officer's eyes and mouth, and then laughed at him
An inmate threw a cup of urine into the face of a prison officer then laughed at and goaded him, a court has heard.

After being transferred to a different jail Morgan Butts issued a series of lurid threats to another officer, telling him he was going to stab him and have his children "strung up like turkeys at Christmas". Swansea Crown Court heard Butts - who turned 21 last week - behaves like a "petulant child" when does not get his own way.

His barrister said the defendant had experienced an extremely troubled childhood living in temporary foster accommodation and residential homes since an early age.

Ian Wright, prosecuting, said the first incident happened in Swansea prison on July 26, 2019, and that Butts had been making a "nuisance" of himself all day by repeatedly pressing his cell call button and triggering fire alarms.

He said at meal time Butts was walking on the landing of the jail's A-wing when he approached a prison officer coming in the other direction - without warning he threw the contents of a cup he was carrying into the guard's face.

The court heard the cup contained Butt's urine, and he then laughed at the officer and told him: "Ha ha - you've got my p*ss in your mouth."

The defendant was restrained by other officers, and the officer who had been assaulted was taken to Neath Port Talbot Hospital. The court heard the urine went into the officers eyes and mouth - with the officer swallowing a small quantity - and he was given a course of antibiotic cream for his eyes in case of infection.

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Inmate threw urine in prison officer's face then threatened to kill another

Post by londonlad81 »

Sadly some of the ‘clients ‘ we have to deal with. There’s other ways to skin a cat, for example next time he wants an app or a phone call simply say no. As long as he has water and food, he’s got his basic rights.
End of the day he will need me more than I’ll ever need him.

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Inmate threw urine in prison officer's face then threatened to kill another

Post by Bearguy »

Exactly right londonlad !!

I’d laugh at the bugger, back in the daft old days I knocked about with some right dirty swines who did worse than drink piss !

Previous topicNext topic