Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: POELT attendee's starting 31st July 2017

Post by Fab05 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 pm

SassySez wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 pm
Fab05 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:06 pm
What is the normal working day for you POLET?

I am starting my induction next week, and POLET the week after. My establishment say 08:00 and the letter from SS says 09:00 apart from Monday's?
Hiya!

10am till 5pm Monday (but get there earlier so you have time to register in (travelling or staying) and time to settle into your room).

8 - 5 Tuesday to Thursday (you will be required to work until 7pm on one of these nights which will be agreed with your group).

9 - 12 Friday.. woohoo!!
Thanks very much for that!! 😁

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Well, final exam completed this morning, a nervous time waiting hours to hear anything, more so when informed out of the 6 different exam papers we had the hardest of the lot. Felt fairly confident I'd past as I knew I did better than the mid term even when missing several easy points on basic things due to brain freeze. But we got the results late afternoon, thankfully a pass :slbg: . Made up with a good result, but knew I could and should have done better on more of the basis that could have cost me. But hay ho, a pass is a pass and the family is proud of the result and that's all that matters to me.

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 pm

:slcl: Congratulations! It sounds like you deserve the pass and have been tested. :slcl:

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks, yeah, was a er, very testing test, with some very questionable badly worded things contained within it. At least I'm done with late night revision and just what should be a formality with remaining assessments now.

Lthenewbie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Lthenewbie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Well done Andy from reading your posts you seem to have overcome challenges and come out the other side a better person for it well in lad you are a credit to the service :slcup:

SassySez
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by SassySez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:52 am

Fully agree!

I passed also and yes that was a real *insert word* of an exam... I was so glad I passed through, the waiting was torture!

I really feel for those that didn't pass, personally I feel it was down to misinterpretation of the question rather than lack of knowledge.

Although I passed I know for a fact I misread the first question and basically said an OSG had powers of a constable 😂

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Lthenewbie wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm
Well done Andy from reading your posts you seem to have overcome challenges and come out the other side a better person for it well in lad you are a credit to the service :slcup:
Thanks, its been a far harder time than I thought it was. Wasn't helped by that I'd been out of the classroom for over 20 years and so found it so bloody difficult to cope with all the class based learning most of the time. Thankfully knowing I was doing it for my family helped keep me going and drove me on to make sure I kept at it and did what I needed to. That and the support of some great colleagues from my own section and other sections.
SassySez wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:52 am
Fully agree!

I passed also and yes that was a real *insert word* of an exam... I was so glad I passed through, the waiting was torture!

I really feel for those that didn't pass, personally I feel it was down to misinterpretation of the question rather than lack of knowledge.

Although I passed I know for a fact I misread the first question and basically said an OSG had powers of a constable 😂
Yeah, that precise exam paper probably isn't fit for purpose, grammar and spelling mistakes all over the place as well as questions they had to wipe. Definitely feel bad for those who failed too, our tutor was also puzzled on why quite a few of us got stuck on a couple of very particular questions that were very easy. To which I said that they were so polar opposites of the really badly written hard to understand questions that we, well me at least thought the question can't be that easy or straight forwards in comparison and so was over thinking on the basis many were so badly worded and as you say got wrong down to misinterpretation.

Hopefully those having to resit get a far more reasonable paper to work with.

hmmmreally
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Paladin'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by hmmmreally » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Said yesterday ill say it again today mate out of everyone in our section no 1 deserved this more than you u have had to work your absolute balls off in a lot of elements of the course and you have applied yourself 110% everytime i for 1 know what it meant to you and your family and the fact you smashed the hardest test they have to chuck at us is a awesome achievement chuffed to bits for you make sure you enjoy this in whatever way you choose to and enjoy your weekend mate.

Lthenewbie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Lthenewbie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Just remember when your in the trenches with inmates giving you shit the reason you did this the reason why you worked hard the reason why you refuse to give up ... :slcup:

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Great teamwork and general support guys. It speaks volumes and is a great indication of your intentions to do so, in work!! :slcl:
Congratulations!!

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm

hmmmreally wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm
Said yesterday ill say it again today mate out of everyone in our section no 1 deserved this more than you u have had to work your absolute balls off in a lot of elements of the course and you have applied yourself 110% everytime i for 1 know what it meant to you and your family and the fact you smashed the hardest test they have to chuck at us is a awesome achievement chuffed to bits for you make sure you enjoy this in whatever way you choose to and enjoy your weekend mate.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate your kinds words that have been more supportive and meant more to me since the mid term than you realise. I came so, so close to quiting after the knock I got from the mid term than only the support and words from yourself and certain others including the will to be able to provide a better life for my family drove me on and gave me the support and will I needed to see this out. Others have of cause also supported me, but don't want to name names as such, but its been a 'rocky' road and can honestly say I was very emotional inside when told I'd passed such a "difficult" exam paper to deal with first time.

But saying all that, everyone who passed the exam yesterday did well to get through such a pain of an exam paper. So congratulations and well done to everyone, you all did bloody well :slbg:

Sure going to miss quite a few people after next week, hopefully most I'll keep in contact with in 1 form or another.

Lagertha
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Lagertha » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:40 pm

I have to express my relief and give out a frickin huge well done to alll my buddies and colleagues for passing that beast of an exam on Thursday, we should all be extra proud of ourselves as it's now known that it was the most difficult paper of all in circulation. I know none of us felt confident at all after walking out of that but we did it! To my buddies and colleagues who didn't quite hit the mark - I have full confidence in you and your re-sit on Monday, you'll nail it 👊👊 a few practical assessments to go and we're done next week! A few normal concerns for when we all hit the landings but absolutely everyone I met is going to be a fantastic officer. You're all amazing people and it's been a pleasure sharing this journey with you all 💖💖💖💖💖💖
Applied 16/04/2017, passed RAD 16/05, submitted vetting 18/05, got the call 07/07, Contract received and role accepted 18/07, familiarisation visit 19/07, induction week 24/07, POELT Sunningdale 31/07, Newbold 31/07 night, thanks 'ss' :slcoo:

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 am

well done everyone . It has been a long journey for us all. But we made it . You think when you pass the rad you're good to go. It's a long journey from RAD . And now we get to work and get the job done, but not before the party :slbg: :slbg: :slbg: :slbg: Again it has been a pleasure to go thru this journey with all of you . Friends for Life !!!!!
Rocky over and out :slbg: :slbg: :slbg: :slbg: :slbg:

QueenB
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by QueenB » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Well done to everyone on passing the final exam!!!

I will be going into week 5 at Newbold this Monday - any tips for the exams especially the mid-term as I've got that on Thursday!

Thanks in advance!!!

npatchett2000
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by npatchett2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Congratulations to e anyone who has passed their finals and good luck to those coming up to their mid terms. Ive got all this to cone starting at newbold on the 16th :slyay:

Patch

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic