high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Conditional officer right to work checks

Post by Ashleigh2 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi all,
Tonight I have received my conditional offer.
I am trying to do the right to work checks, it asks for documents reference/serial number what would these be for a passport, driving license and a credit card statement or birth certificate?
Thanks

Bleyland1992
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Conditional officer right to work checks

Post by Bleyland1992 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Your passport should have a long number on it. I think it's on there a couple of times

Driving licence is a long letter/number sequence that's usuall a jumbled up version of your name and date of birth.

I used a credit card statement and I think it had some form of unique reference number on it.....(I think)

I may be wrong on all of them but that's what I did haha.

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

That's what i have put then. I put the BIC number from my bank statement
I don't know if you will know this but it asks for 5 years worth of employment history, my current employer I have been with for 4 years the 1s i need to put down before that I know no one I worked with works there now and I don't know what details to put down I dont have contact with anyone from previous employment

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 pm

if its a bank statement please make sure it's the type that is send to you in a post, not a print off from on line . They didn't accept mine, luckily I had a letter from a government agency instead.

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 pm

if its a bank statement please make sure it's the type that is send to you in a post, not a print off from on line . They didn't accept mine, luckily I had a letter from a government agency instead.

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 pm

It is 1 that was sent in the post It's a 1 I got last week. I know they like originals of everything

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 pm

I had to bring all to RAD with me including the vetting forms., now it's all done online

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 am

I did have to take it all with me but not vetting forms. Wish it was still like that though would be much simpler for us. Haha

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 am

that was in February still, but then I had to do another on line form and send it off again. So I actually don't know when my vetting has actually started , this is a good point.

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:28 am

Someone I know got his offer in February but everything I have got from them he never his process was completely different to mine and mine a lot quicker. It's bizarre how different they can be

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am

Ashleigh2 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm
I don't know if you will know this but it asks for 5 years worth of employment history, my current employer I have been with for 4 years the 1s i need to put down before that I know no one I worked with works there now and I don't know what details to put down I dont have contact with anyone from previous employment
I'd not worry to much about that, as assumingly all they have to do is simply check there records to confirm you worked for them as claimed than actually know anyone that still currently works there. Just mark the companies name\HR department as the contact than a person's name.

My work history only goes back just over 2 years (but in a comparable context and area to this job) and before that I had been unemployed for several years and not even claiming benefits for the best part, explained reason for this and how I supported myself in the vetting forms, never questioned it and passed every part no problem it seems.

So you've certainly not got anything to be concerned about I'd say.

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:51 am

Andy888 I did think that. So that's what I'm going to do tonight. I have filled all of it in but that at the moment as wasn't 100% sure. Thank you

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by laticsash92 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 am

Ashleigh2 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm
That's what i have put then. I put the BIC number from my bank statement
Wouldnt worry, in the past 5 years ive had countless of jobs. I know the details of 1 out of about 7.

But i seem to go got through it okay. Just as long as you can put something, for say tesco i didnt know the managers name let alone the email. So i looked online for the store number and then for email i just put the tesco recruitment email down.
Doesnt seem to of been an issue lol, oh and i put the store address down again got from online.

Ashleigh2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ashleigh2 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks. That's what I am going to do. Got my mam on the job for me today as I'm at work until 6 so not going to have a chance until I get home so hopefully she finds the details i need and I can submit it tonight

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by laticsash92 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 am

Youll be reet, just put you can and all will go on.
Im only mid 20s yet barely remember where i worked last so i wouldnt worry haha.

You can only give as much detail as you can. As long as they have the company and even address then that is usual enough as they only need proof that you worked where you said you worked and you wasnt lying as lets face it if people lied i could say i was a secret agent for past 5 years

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic