Part time/job share principal officer

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

todgeboy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Part time/job share principal officer

Post by todgeboy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Could someone inform me what the take home pay of a principal officer is when working 20 hours a week,thanks.

U kidding me

Re: Part time/job share principal officer

Post by U kidding me » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm

You can't divide pay by 50%?

You work 39 hrs P/W, 20 is nearly half that.

HOW THE F*"K DID YOU GET PROMOTION?

BoxerfanUK
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by BoxerfanUK » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

todgeboy wrote:Could someone inform me what the take home pay of a principal officer is when working 20 hours a week,thanks.
http://www.listentotaxman.com/

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

U kidding me wrote:You can't divide pay by 50%?

I think that you may have to apologise. Half gross pay is definitely not half net pay. Ask anyone who is drawing their pension.

The reason being is that you still get the full tax free allowance and then all after is taxed at 20%. Or example, if your salary is £30k and your tax free allowance is £8k then you will be taxed at 20% on the remaining £22k, a total of £4.4k, giving you a net income of £25.6k.

If you then drop to half pay then the sums are, £15k less the £8k allowance, meaning that you will be taxed at 20% on the remaining £7k, giving you a net income of £13.6k. Definitely not a straight 50% reduction.

So the subject of your abuse could be asking you, "HOW THE F***DID YOU GET IN THE JOB!"

And before you rip me to pieces for the figures I have used, I have been retired for 10 years, so haven't a clue what the current pay rates are, but anyone with half a brain cell can apply the above to their own pay rate.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Guest wrote:

I think that you may have to apologise. Half gross pay is definitely not half net pay. Ask anyone who is drawing their pension.

The reason being is that you still get the full tax free allowance and then all after is taxed at 20%. Or example, if your salary is £30k and your tax free allowance is £8k then you will be taxed at 20% on the remaining £22k, a total of £4.4k, giving you a net income of £25.6k.

If you then drop to half pay then the sums are, £15k less the £8k allowance, meaning that you will be taxed at 20% on the remaining £7k, giving you a net income of £13.6k. Definitely not a straight 50% reduction.

So the subject of your abuse could be asking you, "HOW THE F***DID YOU GET IN THE JOB!"

And before you rip me to pieces for the figures I have used, I have been retired for 10 years, so haven't a clue what the current pay rates are, but anyone with half a brain cell can apply the above to their own pay rate.

HOW THE F*"K DID YOU GET PROMOTION?[/quote]

I think that you may have to apologise. Half gross pay is definitely not half net pay. Ask anyone who is drawing their pension. :slcl:

If there was a like button i'd be pressing it now!

todgeboy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by todgeboy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm

you really have made yourself look silly

Templar1992
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Templar1992 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Very silly - obviously some village is missing it's idiot......................................

Madra Rhu
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by Madra Rhu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Guest wrote:

Hmm Don't forget that there is National Insurance to pay on anything over 147GBP per week at a rate of 12% as a PAYE worker. This is up to a threshhold of approx 820GBP after which you pay an additional 2% per week. Less of course the 1.4% rebate on NI payments for belonging to the employers occupational pension scheme. This is set annually and for this financial year is set at 1.4%. This is not paid to you but is paid into the pension fund at the end of each year by HMRC. So that sum goes into the PCSPS fund in addition to such contributions made depending on which scheme of the PCSPS you belong too. Or would except the PCSPS is a 'pay as you go' scheme and there isn't actually a fund at all.

Hope this helps your calculations.

Verification of the figures quoted above can be found on the HMRC website under National Insurance or follow the links from the DirectGov website.

147GBP x 52 = 7,644GBP. Sound familiar? Look at you personal allowance for this financial year :slwin: bet its close to that :slhmm:
Always remember; the law and justice; never the twain shall meet. They are seperate and have nothing in common with each other. Bit like being married!!

Regards

Madra Rhu

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic