A little self-control... please!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Hemlock'

A little self-control... please!

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:17 am

Hello All,

Strictly speaking, this thread is contrary to what I'm about to ask as it has nothing to do with an application to join the Prison Service, but I figured putting it in the applications section of the forum would get more attention.

A little self-control please... there are a few of us here who are a long way past the POST/RAD/VETTING/ACCEPTANCE stages... personally, I'm 20 plus years past it! We would love to be able to give good advice to those at the start of their journeys but this can be difficult; not just because of sensitive issues but because application threads are appearing everywhere on the forum. Unrelated threads are being hijacked with RAD questions.

This makes it impossible to keep track and offer advice. We want to help you and we need new blood but if you can't control your posting on here... can you control your actions on the landings?

So please, a little self-control - you may actually find that you get quicker, better answers to your questions. If your question/thread is about an application then it belongs in the Application section of the forum, if it's about a news item, it belongs in the Front Door section etc. etc.

Help us oldies to help you newbies! :slbg:

NTKB :slda:
If you post on a public forum, asking for opinions, I may give mine - I don't care if you don't like what I post... I don't care what you think about me... it simply isn't important!

anewstart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Sacred: 'Vulcan'

Re: A little self-control... please!

Post by anewstart » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 am

Agreed, and personally I'd suggest running a search on this site or just reading a few dozen threads before posting, often the question has already been asked & answered. If you're interested in the job then spend some time researching it.

Just asking
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Just asking » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 am

Well said and noted. Thank you for the advice on the best way to share information in the forums.

Ohrate
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Warrior Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Ohrate » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Fair play Needtoknow. I know from my own experience that eagerness, enthusiasm and impatience has got the better of my on here recently.

We (certainly me) just want to get into the service so we (I) can start to make the difference that i'm sure we (I) can.

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 pm

NeedToKnowBasis wrote:Hello All, ...........

............ So please, a little self-control - you may actually find that you get quicker, better answers to your questions. If your question/thread is about an application then it belongs in the Application section of the forum, if it's about a news item, it belongs in the Front Door section etc. etc.

Help us oldies to help you newbies! :slbg:

NTKB :slda:

:slag: :slag:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic