What to expect from Assessment Centre??

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
blowcubanlady
Registered Member
Registered Member

What to expect from Assessment Centre??

Post by blowcubanlady » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi guys,

I have an assessment centre and fitness test coming up in the next few weeks. I have no problems with the fitness test but was wondering if anyone could give any advice ref the role plays?

I have recently completed and passed a police assessment centre which sounds reasonably similar so the whole 'being in a room in a weird situation and being watched' thing isn't particularly daunting (although I just managed to make that sound very wrong indeed!) but I can't find any info except a short video on the HMPS website to give me the heads up for expectations.

Any advice appreciated.

Also, whilst i'm asking. I am assuming that the next round of applicants (february) will be selected for a holding pool, I'm applying to Whitemoor, does anyone have confirmation that this is a 'pool' application or are they actually taking on now?

If you did pass everything then get pooled how long did you wait for a start date?

Cheers, Zoe :slbg:

Wizza
Committee Member
Committee Member
S Class: Systems

Re: What to expect from Assessment Centre??

Post by Wizza » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 pm

To be honest there isn't much advice to give you on role plays.

I did the Police Assessments and passed, and I found that the role plays are pretty much the same (after all they are looking for the same things).

Just relax, take your time and don't act like your an officer - play the role your given.

As for being in a pool, I do believe that they aren't putting any more courses through Newbold, so I hear - I may be wrong though.

Doorshaped
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Doorshaped » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 am

The best advice I was given was question everything, the role players have information to give you but you must ask the right questions.Be assertive, listen to what they are saying, and show you are listening, challenge anything non pc. But most importantly be yourself if you have the right skill sets they are looking for you should get through.

good luck!!

blowcubanlady
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by blowcubanlady » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic