A bit of advice? roughly how long is the usual wait?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Tapes
Registered Member
Registered Member

A bit of advice? roughly how long is the usual wait?

Post by Tapes » Mon May 18, 2009 8:20 pm

I passed my RAD last year and also the fitness test in August 08 and I was informed that I was on the waiting list for Frankland prison in March 2009. They couldn’t give me any timescale for when I might hear anything. Does anyone know roughly how long the usual wait is? Or is it how long is a piece of string?

Mind you, since I wrote this I've just read Ajays post about waiting for 14 months so maybe I shouldn't give up! It does wear you down though doesn't it.

Staffslass
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: A bit of advice?

Post by Staffslass » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 am

It is a case of how long a piece of string is, I'm coming up to a year next month from when I passed my RAD, and haven't heard anything.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Re: A bit of advice?

Post by falkor » Tue May 19, 2009 9:34 am

Image Frankland Prison

a year does seem to be pretty average on here

bazcaz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: A bit of advice? roughly how long is the usual wait?

Post by bazcaz » Wed May 20, 2009 2:32 pm

keep pushing the office for answers, ring up and ask how you can improve the chances of a place.

a sweaky gate gets its oil !!!!

If madness is all around and a cool head is needed make sure its yours!!

Ajay
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ajay » Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 pm

i was on the verge of giving up tapes, but then after 14 long months finally got the call. It isnt on how they are allowed to keep people waiting for so long, no other employers would get away with that.
But try not to worry and the best advice is to really just carry on doing other jobs, as much as your heart might not be in them you just have to earn the money till you get the call then you can smile when you hand your notice in. Good Luck i hope all goes well for you!

Simon39
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Orc'
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by Simon39 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:05 am

Ajay wrote:i was on the verge of giving up tapes, but then after 14 long months finally got the call. It isnt on how they are allowed to keep people waiting for so long, no other employers would get away with that.
But try not to worry and the best advice is to really just carry on doing other jobs, as much as your heart might not be in them you just have to earn the money till you get the call then you can smile when you hand your notice in. Good Luck i hope all goes well for you!

Thats what I'm doing right now, just keeping my head down and getting on with a job I do not enjoy, but bills need paying and the family needs a roof over their head so I've got to grin and bear it until I get that call, whenever it may be.

David33398
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by David33398 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi Mate.Im currently training at my establishment and we were told again today that we are the last to be trained there and the poelt college would close until furthur notice.
We were also told that recruitment had literally stopped. :slsad:

Tapes
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Tapes » Sat May 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for the answers folks. It's pretty much what I expected. It is terrible that they can keep people stringing along for such a period and then just pull the plug at the end with nothing but a sorry, don't want you any more. As Simon39 said, just keep plugging along in a job I don't like to pay the bills... :slst:
Great site by the way. I wish I'd known it existed a year ago!
:slre:

mkh290185
Rookie Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by mkh290185 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 pm

I passed my RAD last june, passed my fitness test in september and im starting my training TOMORROW!!!
Hang on in there....good luck x

kwakajak
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by kwakajak » Mon May 25, 2009 3:32 pm

good luck with your trainning all the best for your future .

take it one day at a time and dont try to revise to much it will come.

Prae
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Prae » Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 am

I'm surprised you haven't already had the call from Frankland. They had ads out for level transfers back end of last year due to expansion.

Must be too skint to train POELTs!

As I understand it there are approximately 2000 candidates who have passed RAD and fitness nationally. All these people are waiting for jobs to come up, hence the wait. They obviously send the files of those who score highest at RAD out first.

Another factor is that they have put a freeze on promotion to Senior Officer and Principal Officer, therefore no Officers are moving up and creating vacancies.

Altogether a worrying picture for prospective Officers, I wouldn't want to join after September!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic