Fitness test bleep test

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
DollyNJ2

Fitness test bleep test

Post by DollyNJ2 »

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have major tips for the fitness test?

I’m looking for some insight to people who have done it recently due to covid. A few questions for you:

1) what should I wear? Fitness is at newbold revel. Should I wear interview clothes or just wear sports gear to complete the test?

2) do they let you take your inhaler for asthma prior to starting the bleep test?

3) will bmi negatively impact my chances?

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Fitness test bleep test

Post by Jason95 »

I went in sports gear as did everyone else also :)

Yes you'll be able to use your inhaler I'd imagine, can't see why you wouldn't be allowed!

And the fitness test is fairly simple, just practice as much as you can before hand, the bleep test is only just over 3 mins or continuous running! Good luck!

Rugby Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rugby Man »

DollyNJ2 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 am Hey everyone,

Does anyone have major tips for the fitness test?

I’m looking for some insight to people who have done it recently due to covid. A few questions for you:

1) what should I wear? Fitness is at newbold revel. Should I wear interview clothes or just wear sports gear to complete the test?

2) do they let you take your inhaler for asthma prior to starting the bleep test?

3) will bmi negatively impact my chances?
Hi!!

I did mine last week at Newbold.

1) Wear sports gears is fine. Forget about interview clothes!!
2) I really don’t know, but I suppose if you have yours doctor’s prescription will be fine.
3) No. My BMI is high and was ok.

Good luck!! You will smash it!!
21/12/2020 - Applied
26/12/2020 - Passed on-line tests
19/02/2021 - Virtual ARC
22/02/2021 - Passed VARC
22/03/2021 - Conditional Offer accepted
29/03/2021 - Vetting started
29/04/2021 - Medical/Fitness passed

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

You got an advantage with the introduction of the ‘strike zone’ on the bleep test 😆 😆 😆

Anyone else chuckle when this was explained at the bleep test ?

My BMI is also too high but doesn’t go against you, was just advised to lose some weight, bloke was fantastic, I’ll never forget him 👍🏻

Lloydy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Lloydy »

Strike zone??

DollyNJ2

Post by DollyNJ2 »

What’s the strike zone?

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by PrimalPrincess  »

Sorry I can't seem to send my response to this ... 🤷‍♀️

We were in groups of 4 with 2 doing bleep at a time
Last edited by PrimalPrincess  on Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Fitness test

Lady let us keep going till we couldn't go any further (evil but she was lovely) ... got to level 7 & literally slid over the line 😆 (wee'd a little bit too 🤦🏼‍♀️

had my inhaler in my pocket. Went to the loo after to use it cause I was fearful maybe silly but fearful they'd look at me badly for having to use it. Like I can't do the job or something ya know.

I wore gym clothes & everyone else did. One girl had joggers on & a gym top. 

The first thing we did was the grip test & the lady called me up first. I made a joke like oh dear I'll set the standard...so on the agility at the end she joked & said hey why don't you come up first & show how it's done 🤦🏼‍♀️😆 

Bmi is a funny one ... ok I'm a little larger post covid but I dabble in bodybuilding so my bmi is silly cause I'm heavy but don't look as heavy as I actually am. Girl in my group was larger & worried but apparently the nurse told her unless they're concerned about your health it won't be a problem

Fleets28 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Fleets28  »

Dolly NJ2

Just go in your sports kit and then you are able to change once finished - well I was

I am asthmatic and took my inhaler. Word of advice definately take any inhalers with you and make sure they are in date. The nurse has to ring a central number to check you can do it and if the inhalers are out of date you won’t be allowed

The instructor taking mine said to take a puff if I needed to abs ran with it in my pocket but it wasn’t needed x

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

On your last shuttle, there is a 3 foot buffer zone from the finish line, the ‘strike zone’, if you aren’t on a warning for missing a line, on your last run you only have to get in the ‘strike zone’ to finish.

Daft really, made me burst out laughing, must be sick of people failing so making it a little easier.

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

We giggled too

Sam1946

Post by Sam1946 »

Don’t worry about it I failed first time. Just wear what you’d usually wear for running (shorts or joggers e.t.c) you do the medical part for hearing, eye sights, blood pressure and weight if your over weight they’ll advise you on loosing some weight. I’m over weight and the guy was absolutely fine they just ring a central occupational health number if you have any issues and just clarify that it’s fine for you to proceed. and same for the fitness instructors first time gave me advice on how to do it better (after failing the bleep) and second time passed it around 3 weeks after the first, and the women while I was jogging was giving words of encouragement to keep me motivated. The whole process was very smooth and they’ll do there absolute best to get you through. Good luck!

Moose77 
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Fitness test

Post by Moose77  »

PrimalPrincess wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm Lady let us keep going till we couldn't go any further (evil but she was lovely) ... got to level 7 & literally slid over the line 😆 (wee'd a little bit too 🤦🏼‍♀️

had my inhaler in my pocket. Went to the loo after to use it cause I was fearful maybe silly but fearful they'd look at me badly for having to use it. Like I can't do the job or something ya know.

I wore gym clothes & everyone else did. One girl had joggers on & a gym top. 

The first thing we did was the grip test & the lady called me up first. I made a joke like oh dear I'll set the standard...so on the agility at the end she joked & said hey why don't you come up first & show how it's done 🤦🏼‍♀️😆 

Bmi is a funny one ... ok I'm a little larger post covid but I dabble in bodybuilding so my bmi is silly cause I'm heavy but don't look as heavy as I actually am. Girl in my group was larger & worried but apparently the nurse told her unless they're concerned about your health it won't be a problem
Hey there primal. When did you do you fitness test? We only had to get to 5.4 and we finished the test

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

February 🤦🏼‍♀️ lady running the test was having fun with us & at the start said if she didn't stop us we had to keep going

Previous topicNext topic