Merit query

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Justgoforit
Registered Member
Registered Member

Merit query

Post by Justgoforit »

I passed my VARC on Monday and got the results the day after.
Since then, I applied for another prison and it has gone straight to VARC and I’m assuming it will say soon passed VARC because from what I read you don’t have to do it again?
Then yesterday I applied for another local prison and after the first page of the application it said, sorry I can’t apply because I have failed in the last 6 months?!
Anyone had this before? I have emailed the recruitment team but they haven’t got back to me yet.
I thought maybe because being on 2 prisons merit list at once is the limit?
Thanks in advance and this forum really helped me when it came to applying and the initial tests and VARC.

Cheers

NR1983

Re: Merit query

Post by NR1983 »

Ring them and explain. The same happened to me, after I passed my ARC I applied for another prison. Once you get the email inviting you to book your ARC you need to ring them and they will transfer your pass over to other application.

As for the third application I had exactly the same thing, it wouldn't let me as it said I had failed in the past 6 months. After speaking to them on the phone I had to create a new login under a different email, apply for the role and then ring them and they transfer your arc over to that one too. The only pain is you have to keep an eye on both portals.

Justgoforit
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Justgoforit »

Thanks for that, at least I know it isn’t something I have done wrong then.
The problem with the other 2 prisons is they are abit further afield but I do think if you put your hand up for a few then, surely you’ve got a better chance.

NR1983

Post by NR1983 »

That was my thinking but a word of warning - only apply for prisons you will be prepared to accept. I put three applications in and one of them was a dual location, one was 15 miles from me and the other was 45 miles. I got offered the one 45 miles away and it instantly withdraws your applications for the other ones. It took a few weeks and a lot of phone calls but luckily they put my others ones back live after I rejected it. It took another month to receive my next offer which I've accepted.

Previous topicNext topic