Vetting update query

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Vetting update query

Post by Field1234 »

So my portal just updated to say “we shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process” does anyone know what this usually means? As I have only been in vetting for 3 weeks

Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Vetting update query

Post by Pollypocket »

Could be that you’ve passed? (Fingers crossed) :slcl:
I first had prison vetting done for a previous prison role in Jan 2019. I was told Prison vetting lasts 5 years.
So I should be on their systems somewhere.

In fact my first prison vetting I failed, due to a small error on SSCL part. I chased it up & it was quickly rectified, passed the vetting & started the role.

I emailed SSCL to enquire the legitimacy of the 5 year expiry date as I had not had any documentation (from SSCL) to corroborate this. I received a response email very quickly, with the exact dates of when vetting was done. I was very impressed with that. Mine expires 2024 So I’m hoping my vetting goes through real quick. I have my fitness test on Tuesday.....so hoping to quickest get a start date after that x

JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

Poly pocket, so did SSCL confirm that vetting last for 5 years? That’s great news if it’s true!
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice

ApplePie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ApplePie »

It means you've passed. They're really good at vetting compared to other organisations, they get it done so efficiently.

Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Field1234 »

I hope so!! Didn’t want to get my hopes up! If I’m being honest the whole process has been extremely fast... I first applied online end of December, had my VARC end of January had my fitness test middle of February and now been in vetting for 3 weeks.

Luissuper02

Post by Luissuper02 »

Still waiting on another call to confirm a document, completed the VARC and my status says the same thing. It's been 4 days since I reupload my document cause last time I did it I gave a bank statement that was more than 3 months old lol stupid me

Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Pollypocket »

@ JCOX4

Yep, it’s true I’ve got an email from SSCL confirming the dates my vetting commences & expires. As I said I was really impressed they responded so quickly with the information. So I uploaded a screenshot of the email to my countersignatory form, to speed up the process. Hope it helps.

I was previously employed by an agency, my recruiter received the documentation but didn’t save it to the it systems & failed to send me a copy. :slre:

Dojo_Feder

Post by Dojo_Feder »

I was having vetting for 2 weeks when I got that message, however it took 2 more weeks until I got the call... I was checking my portal atleast every 15 mins when I received the whole 'we'll contact you soon' fiasco 😂 its been a long 2 weeks 😂
22/10/20 - Applied
22/12/20 - ARC
24/12/20 - Added to Merit List
12/02/21 - Conditional Offer/Vetting Began
18/02/21 - Fitness/Medical
26/02/21 - Vetting Completed
12/03/21 - The Call
12/04/21 - Start Date

Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Field1234 »

oh really!! i hope mine isnt 2 weeks waiting for the cal aha... i want to leave my current job asap!

Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Field1234 »

Just an update! I got my email to say I passed and scheduled a call Wednesday to discuss when I start!! So happy

Georgy

Re: Vetting help

Post by Georgy »

Hey guys does anyone know what would happen if i dont know anyone for the countersignatory part.
I also havent got any pass employment references as i have been abroad for years and havent worked.
Has anyone had the same problem? 8)

Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting update query

Post by Russko »

Hiya guys, so I’ve been in vetting just over 2 weeks... I have my occupational health call in the morning and fitness test next week.

The status online up to today has always said:

“ your prison officer pre-employment checks can take up to 12 weeks. Thank you for your patience”

Now it’s changed too:

“ Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks and has been referred for a decision”

Does that mean that checks are pretty much done and they are now deciding on whether they are going to offer me the job etc?

Cheers

Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Pollypocket »

Field1234 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 am Just an update! I got my email to say I passed and scheduled a call Wednesday to discuss when I start!! So happy
Yayyyyyy Congratulations xx
Applied ~ 10/20
V~ Arc 01/21
Conditional Offer ~ 02/21
Fitness Test ~ 03/21 (Passed)
Previously Prison Vetted ~ (exp Feb 2024)
Currently @ “we are conducting Pre-Employment Checks”
stage
Im a drama Queen with a 9 year Probation background :slraz:

Previous topicNext topic