Vetting question

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
fax4life
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting question

Post by fax4life »

Hi all

I have gone for the youth justice worker at Wetherby YOI but in 2019 i attended a voluntry interview at the local police station for a sexual assault in a night club. This was done under caution cctv came back and was clearly not me and was a called to say no further action a few days later. Will this show on the CRB checks or affect the application in anyway
Clem
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Vetting question

Post by Clem »

Apply for a subject access, which is a police criminal check if it shows on that then they will see if when there vetting you. If that's the case declare it
ApplePie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ApplePie »

The force issuing the enhanced DBS will mention anything relevant to the role, since it's a child role sex crimes will definitely be relevant. Hopefully on the NFA they wrote it definitely wasn't you, otherwise they might disclose it and that'll be a problem. Welcome to the joys of permanent criminal record and assumed guilt even if you're proven innocent beyond all doubt.

You should mention it in the vetting application anyway because if it comes back and you didn't tell them about it in your application then they won't like it.
fax4life
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by fax4life »

Thanks will just declare it to be on the safe side

Hope it's fine as rad as gone well I think will find out next week in the meantime will see if can get a subject access

Thanks
Previous topicNext topic