POELT Islington

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

POELT Islington

Post by kinzku5  »

Hey guys! Had my start date call this evening. I'm booked onto the training course in Islington starting 24/05/21. Anyone else on this too? 😊

FlyingGirl2020

Re: POELT Islington

Post by FlyingGirl2020 »

Hey!

Yes Im due to start then also. Have a 2 week induction at Feltham starting on 10th May then over at Islington :)

kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Hey! Nice to know someone on the same course :) My two week induction is 10th May too at my establishment in the Midlands so they're booking me into accommodation for Islington. Will you be staying in accommodation or will you be commuting?

Marmiteandcheese

Post by Marmiteandcheese »

I must be the batch before you guys. I start my POELT in Islington on 29/3 and doing my two week induction from Monday!

kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Nice! Let us know how you get on 😊 Good luck with it all!

FlyingGirl2020

Post by FlyingGirl2020 »

@kinzku5

Oh, have they said where they're putting you accommodation wise?

I live on the outskirts of London so Ill be getting the tube in every day. Think Coffee and Red Bull will be my new diet ready for those early starts!

kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Yeah they said I'll be staying at a Mercure hotel in Islington. I've googled it, I think it's the Bloomsbury Hotel but not 100%. Not sure if I'm being blonde here but am I right in thinking the course will be based at the hotel, like in a meeting room or something?! I've not had any more information about it just yet.

Haha for sure! Can't function without a coffee 😂

Marmiteandcheese

Post by Marmiteandcheese »

It’s actually at the Double tree Hilton in Islington, no idea why they say Mercure. I double checked this with SSCL.

kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Ahh I see, thanks. Do they book you at the hotel for the whole 8 weeks? I've read some posts that say they don't provide rooms for the weekend so we have to trek back and forth every week!

Previous topicNext topic