Starting at HMP Leeds 22/03/2021

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Inthenorth

Starting at HMP Leeds 22/03/2021

Post by Inthenorth »

Hey!

I’ll be starting at HMP Leeds on the 22nd March for my two week induction and my POELT on the 5th April in the same establishment, I’m unbelievably excited but also super nervous!

Is there anyone else that’s starting on these dates?

And does anyone know the hours that we do on the two week induction? Can’t seem to find it anywhere on my emails.

Thanks for any help in advance :slbg:
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Starting at HMP Leeds 22/03/2021

Post by Spear0 »

Hi mate, I'm starting on the 15th at a different establishment, my contract says to arrive for a 0900 start so might be worth having a re-read of it, failing that contact your establishment and in sure they'll be able to help. All the best and if your training at newbold then we might cross paths!
Inthenorth

Post by Inthenorth »

Thanks for your help!
I can see it asks me to be in for 9am but nothing in site for a finishing time, I’ll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can help me further :slsm:

Unfortunately I’m not training at newbold but best of luck to you in the future! :slby:
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

Massive congratulations! I’ve applied to leeds also! When did you apply and how long has the process take you?

Congrats again!
Inthenorth

Post by Inthenorth »

Thank you so much!

I actually first applied just over a year ago in January 2020. But because of the start of COVID my fitness test was knocked back by around 4 months.

I also had experienced some problems regarding finalising my documents, I’d given them a number of times but they were either lost or they couldn’t find a record of receiving them in the first place! :(

Once I was confirmed on the list for Leeds it only took 3 weeks for an official offer and it took an extra 3 weeks for my vetting to be completed.

Hope this helps :slcoo:
Rugby Man

Post by Rugby Man »

I am also applied to the HMP Leeds!
I did my Virtual ARC last 19th February and a passed.
Now I am waiting for the next steps...
Congratulations Pal.
Previous topicNext topic