Merit based

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Merit based

Post by PolaR »

SpikeMk2 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 pm Well at least everyone has said it can take a little while so we are not alone in the constant checking emails 😜 and at least your getting to organise your emails, now that's turning a negative into a positive 😁😁👍. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Always look on the bright side eh? :sljo:
Where did you apply guys? I am not asking about detailed prisons info of course, but I am based in South West :slcoo:

Chickenwing 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by Chickenwing  »

I applied at the end of October, did my ARC at the end of November (and passed with 75%). I received the results email roughly a week after attending! I was also informed that my documents were insufficient; I had to wait until the end of December to sort it via Zoom however it was all a big misunderstanding and my documents were fine after all. I was finally placed on the Merit list on 23/12. Received my conditional offer on 20/1, less than a month later! Vetting was completed on 22/02 after less than five weeks so I’m (im)patiently waiting for The Call. Based in the Midlands!
27/10- Applied
29/11- Arc
23/12- Resubmitted documentation/placed on Merit list
20/01- Conditional offer/vetting began
22/02- Vetting completed
04/03- The call
19/04- Start date

SpikeM2

Post by SpikeM2 »

Still email checking lol, Hope you get the call to start soon 🤞think am still a time away from that, passed VARC mid/end February so just entering into my third week (feels like 80) am north east just waiting out.....🤞🤔🙏🙏, Good luck everyone 😁

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

Well, okay guys, update time!
I just have received my conditional offer today - a month and 1 day after my e-mail with successful ARC passing.
Not sure what I think I am doing with my life but hey... excited is underestimation - what a news on Friday! :slbg: :slcup:

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Congrats ! I’m assuming you accepted !!

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Congratulations! Had my successful results back with a score of 70% back on the 3rd march. Its hard to not keep checking my emails every half an hour!! Haha, well done on the job offer

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

Damn right I had accepted! Couldn't be any better time for me to get this offer than now - so relieved!
Thanks all for all the priceless support and hey-ho I am not going anywhere from here, so you will hear more soon, I just need some time for this to sink in as I actually still can't get my head around it - literally e-mail came less than an hour ago and surprised me in the middle of my boring soon to be ex-job!
Ha! :slcl:

Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Pollypocket »

Congratulations @ PolaR That email is kinda special. Now you’ve gotta ace the fitness test & you’re in :slyay:
Applied ~ 10/20
V~ Arc 01/21
Conditional Offer ~ 02/21
Fitness Test ~ 03/21 (Passed)
Previously Prison Vetted ~ (exp Feb 2024)
Currently @ “we are conducting Pre-Employment Checks”
stage
Im a drama Queen with a 9 year Probation background :slraz:

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

I am quite fit and exercising 6 days a week so I think I should be okay, may need to gain some muscles tho as I am kinda skinny girl😂

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

You’ll piss it then !

Want to gain some muscle, get tons of good scran down you to go with your exercise regime 👍🏻

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

Like chicken and rice 3 times a day and all this body building suplements? Haha! 😭
Just booked my test for 6th April, didn’t expect it that early, especially that Leeds could offer appointments for like 22nd of April but it’s way too far from me!
I guess time to bite the bullet and just crack on💪🏻

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

As a minimum you will need 6 meals a day, you don’t need to be taking a ton of supplements, if any I would say, food is the key, lots of it, the right kind too.

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

At the moment I do get to eat 3 times a day and all is homemade and healthy I’d say, I hate processed food, frozen ready meals or takeaways, love my fruit and veg tho 😂
I recon once I will have more active job than sitting on my ass all days, my daily food intake should increase, just hope they won’t fail me as they would think I am too skinny for it, do you think they could? 😮

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Hahaha you daft git !

You aren’t failed based on your size, you are failed if you are not able to complete the basic fitness tests.....bleep test, agility test, shield hold, grip strength test....it’s a doddle man !

PolaR Online
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

Bring it on then 😂 7kg shield to hold... my dog weighs twice this much and I still carry him like a baby which he is!!

Thanks, you have humoured me for the day!