Merit based

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
SpikeM2

Merit based

Post by SpikeM2 »

Hello everyone just registered with the forum, I past my VARC approximately 2 wks ago, I've read a few posts on here and others on official sites but just wondered if anyone could give me a rough timeline for waiting I've applied for a northern prison, so is it a case of having to wait until a existing officer to retire/leave. Any information highly appreciated thanks.
PlantPot

Re: Merit based

Post by PlantPot »

Someone has got an offer 1 week on the merit list some people have waited 11 months. Try not to put any dates on it because it will drive you insane
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Depends how north you are talking here, I applied for the north west and received an offer 3 weeks from ARC completion, albeit was a cluster campaign.
Samc

Post by Samc »

Hi, I applied and waited 3 weeks and that was for multiple prisons around the north east. Hope this helps
SpikeM2

Post by SpikeM2 »

Thanks wow 11 months, 3weeks and 2 weeks that's a variety guess I am just going to try and not get to obsessed with checking my email every 2 seconds and let it play out. If an when I get a offer an pass my fitness and medical how soon do you start from that point.
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

What kind of scores did you all get? I’m worried that mine will put me at the back of the que. Even though I did pass
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

SpikeM2 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 am Thanks wow 11 months, 3weeks and 2 weeks that's a variety guess I am just going to try and not get to obsessed with checking my email every 2 seconds and let it play out. If an when I get a offer an pass my fitness and medical how soon do you start from that point.
Again that depends, vetting can take up to 12 weeks, for some it’s only about 4, then if will depend when they start you on your training course, it’s all just about waiting and being patient unfortunately
SpikeMk2

Post by SpikeMk2 »

Well all the information is appreciated, Guess am waiting to hear from them fingers crossed 🤞 I managed to speak with someone who is in the job who gave me some information too...so it's a waiting game....
PolaR
Rookie Member

Post by PolaR »

Hi guys,

I was a very active member of the forum whilst not registered... I mean, yeah, I literally scrolled through a lot of topics and posts whilst preparing for my virtual ARC. What I want to say first of all - you lot are very helpful! :slbg: Took a lot of stress off my shoulders.
Anyway, I have managed to pass all a week ago with the result just a little above 72% and been placed on the merit list... from what I have read here this is where the waiting game starts, so I am not going to ask how long will it take to get the offer :slbu: !
However, I was wondering if after they e-mailed you with the results, you shall come back to them with some kind of reply? I mean, I feel a bit rude leaving my successful e-mail without any answer and I've started to stress that maybe if I won't reply, they will cancel me? Not quite sure how this is supposed to work, like getting this job is literally on the top of my dream and I truly don't want to be rejected because of 'admin' side of it all!
Shall I just sit and wait or... :slsh2:
Samc

Post by Samc »

Hi, I did my virtual arc and they didn’t tel me a score but did email saying you’ve been successful. If you don’t reply to that successful email in 24 hours they cancel your application (kidding! 🤣) you’ll be fine mate I didn’t reply and all was ok. I then was invited to book a fitness test around 3 weeks later in Leeds which is Around an hour and half from where I live so not to bad. A few days after booking the fitness test they also send me my vetting documents to fill in online and I did those the same day, since then I’ve done a occupational health form and due to a leg injury years ago I’ve got a telephone appointment to make sure all is ok. The process for me has been pretty stressful due to really wanting the job but in their part they’ve been very informative and it’s been a smooth process! Good luck for the future I’m sure you’ll come off the merit list soon
PolaR
Rookie Member

Post by PolaR »

Hahaha, yep, that would answer my questions then🤣 thanks looks like just being silly 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well, fingers crossed, I will surely post if I will hear anything!
Previous topicNext topic