So it begins

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

So it begins

Post by Russko »

Just had an email with a conditional offer.... apparently they will get in touch now to arrange the medical and health check.

Is it a relatively quick process now guys?

To date:

1. Completed ARC on 9th Feb
2. Passed ARC on 10th Feb
3. Conditional offer today

Thanks in advance :slbg:
jaybo

Re: So it begins

Post by jaybo »

I got my offer start of Jan, got the vetting forms through around 3/4 days after. It gives a standard message about being in pre-employment checks and then around a month later I was 'referred for a decision', a few days after that I was back to the normal message.
About a week later I was referred for another decision, about 3 days after that I was told they would be in touch about the next steps. (That was Friday and yesterday I got an invite to schedule a phonecall to discuss my start date).

So from the point of receiving an offer to the point of finishing my vetting and getting my start date was just under 2 months.
It sounds like a long time but they are definitely getting faster from what I have read and the time flies by.
My application was for a red site prison down south so I'm not sure if that sped anything up at all.
Hope this helps, I was looking on here constantly trying to find others experiences to gauge if mine was taking long or not
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

I see mate so I’ll get forms off them now to complete is it mate?
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

Yeah once you’ve accepted the conditional offer they’ll put the vetting forms on your login and you’ll complete them on there, it takes a couple days to come through
Samc

Post by Samc »

Good news on being accepted! I got an offer around 2 weeks ago had to wait around 5 days for a fitness test to pop up on my account (keep checking multiple times a days as they’ll pop up randomly) then around 2 days after that my vetting forms were uploaded to the online job account. All the best
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

Thanks guys.

With the fitness and medical are they generally a few weeks in advance or quite soon?

I need to get my lard ass in check lol

So would be good to have a rough idea how long I got to shift some weight and get a bit fitter :slwoot:
Moonagedaydream
Rookie Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

Congratulations mate, you must be over the moon!

May i ask how you did in your ARC? I got 60% on the exercises and I’m abit concerned that going to push me to the back of the que I’m terms of recruitment.

Best of luck with the rest of the process!
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

Hiya mate wish I could tell you.

All it says is that based on my performance I’ve been successful, no sign at all on score which is a shame.

Does anyone know how long it takes to book the medical and fitness test?

I’ve gone to do that but it says all slots are taken and to try again later :?
Lay19

Post by Lay19 »

When I went to pick my date for my fitness it was roughly two weeks later

The problem is actually trying to get dates, due to Covid it’s only two people at a time so causing a bit of a backlog it seems.

Wouldn’t want to guess a timescale
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Dependant on where you are, some locations have dates pretty quick, only a handful of places when I went to book. Manchester being the most northern location, which isn’t ideal
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

They have a bit of a backlog and quite booked up
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

Yeah Manchester came up later on today, so booked now and it’s in 4 weeks... gives me chance to lose a few lbs beforehand :P

I’ve completed all my pre employment questions now so hopefully they will be relatively quick :slzi:
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Fingers crossed for you Russko!

Keep us all in the loop 👍🏻
Previous topicNext topic