Fitness test

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Re: Fitness test

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Yayy knew you would do it was thinking about you all day so happy for you well done and congratulations
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Cheers guys!!

Was easier than I expected, I mean... I was still very puffed out and could feel it in my legs after 😅 but they are so great at supporting you.

Well funny story bearguy it was me and this other guy doing it together but the poor lad wasn’t allowed to go ahead with it as he didn’t pass on on his blood pressure, so they asked if I wanted to do it alone or wait for the next person turning up, I decided to wait and my mate walks in 😂 so I was there a while, but I definitely preferred doing it with others

The instructor does the first 4 laps with you to set the pace and then let’s your know wether you need to slow down or speed up as your going.
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Labgurl1993 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:59 pm Yayy knew you would do it was thinking about you all day so happy for you well done and congratulations
Aww thanks doll! You really helped with all your advice 😘
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Labgurl1993 »

My pleasure hun so happy for you lovely now relax and get a glass of wine to celebrate
Samc

Post by Samc »

Congratulations! So glad it went well. Now just to wait for vetting and your in?
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Yep vetting then the call!!

Have you booked your fitness test!?
Samc

Post by Samc »

Nothing yet, I got the conditional offer and accepted and proceeded to enter my uniform sizes but then the box where it asks me to book a slot says there are non available and to keep checking back, I rang SSCL to check im doing it right and they confirmed and said to just keep checking every few hours as new one will pop up
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Yeah I heard the instructor say they are booked up right through to April :/ there was a girl at mine that came all the way from York for hers and it was in Bristol
Samc

Post by Samc »

Ah right okay I may have a wait or a long travel 🤣 if it’s a long travel I’ll make the journey I don’t mind as long as I can get it done, I suppose with social distancing also it must be making thing difficult for recruitment
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Labgurl1993 »

When I went for mine we had awful snow the week before I was due to go when I got there the instructor said a lady had drove 5 hours to her test in this bad snow and the person doing the test couldn't get in so she had to drive back home and come back the week after they said they are very full at the minute
Samc

Post by Samc »

Just a quick update, I’ve got my fitness test around the 2nd week in March and it’s around 1 and half hours away from where I live so not the other side of the country! How long has everyone’s vetting took to get back? I’ve done all the online forms and sent them back
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Vetting is waiting game really mate, it can take up to 12 weeks, so I would just have 12 weeks in my mind, depending on if you have filled everything correctly and how quick they get through it and potentially if they need to get staff in quick could be quicker... but your looking between 4-12 weeks
AntarcticaMan

Post by AntarcticaMan »

Hello, what does the fitness test consist of, please?
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

Google
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02