Fitness test

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
PolaR
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Fitness test

Post by PolaR »

Oh yeah, thanks, I shall use a back garden as my bleep trail then and see how I’ll get on on the weekend! 💪🏻
Do you do anything for a grip test? I started to squeeze a stress ball but not sure if it does anything 😂

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Good idea! And i havent thought about that really but that could work, ive heard squeezing a tennis ball helps too apparently!

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Fitness test booked for end of April in Bristol, it was the earliest date available and having to travel a few hours but itll be worth it! A few weeks to get prepared!

Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

PolaR wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:17 pm Oh yeah, thanks, I shall use a back garden as my bleep trail then and see how I’ll get on on the weekend! 💪🏻
Do you do anything for a grip test? I started to squeeze a stress ball but not sure if it does anything 😂
I just did my fitness and medical today.
The grip test is nothing to worry about it’s very easy. I over thought it and when I did it I was punching over50 kg I’m female and not the strongest of people.. the shield test is very easy wouldn’t need much to prepare for it..

The bleep test I have worried myself sick with feeling like I wouldn’t pass it I was running on my own as the other person failed medical so I had to do it alone and I found it to be easier definitely practice it’s the turns
2 bananas and orange juice and stretches good luck

PolaR
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PolaR »

Fuzzy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:14 pm
PolaR wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:17 pm Oh yeah, thanks, I shall use a back garden as my bleep trail then and see how I’ll get on on the weekend! 💪🏻
I just did my fitness and medical today.
The grip test is nothing to worry about it’s very easy. I over thought it and when I did it I was punching over50 kg I’m female and not the strongest of people.. the shield test is very easy wouldn’t need much to prepare for it..

The bleep test I have worried myself sick with feeling like I wouldn’t pass it I was running on my own as the other person failed medical so I had to do it alone and I found it to be easier definitely practice it’s the turns
2 bananas and orange juice and stretches good luck
Aww thank you so much for this post! You have really helped my nerves, I am freaking out about this grip test 😂 not that worried about bleep test, but I am going to pratice this over the weekend to see how I keep up. Congratulations for doing so well on yours!