Vetting Process, Is There Any Point In Me Applying?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
MuayThaiRy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting Process, Is There Any Point In Me Applying?

Post by MuayThaiRy »

It’s me again guys!

So I think I’ve asked every question imaginable but knowing me I’ll still have a question in a few days or so haha. I don’t know if any of you have read any of my recent topics or comments. Basically when I was 17 I suffered quite badly with my mental health, I went through hell for 3 years before a miracle doctor diagnosed me with BPD and put me on what I call ‘life saving’ medication. In this time I was involved with a life of crime, court cases, community service, tag and suspended sentence. The last time I was sectioned and given the medication I’m now on (for the last 6 years) I completely changed my life around. I went to Reaseheath college and weirdly enough became a scaffolder which I’ve been doing for 5 years, got a mortgage, engaged, driving which I told would be impossible. I’m just perfect haha, I have no involvement with past ‘friends’ just me my fiancé and my dog. My mental health has been under control for all this time. I’ve always spoke about being a mental health/crime/drug ambassador to change people’s lives around. Since lockdown and losing a colleague at work I’ve realised this isn’t for me and I have a lot more to give, even if I changed one persons life a year my life’s work would be done, I want to give back people and give as much help as possible!

Sorry for typing so much I get moaned at for talking and texting too much but I enjoy it, so again I’m sorry. My big question is what exactly is the vetting process? Will all my past come back and bite me and stop me from going forward or will my now strong head with ambitions, plans and drive help me? I’m getting my hopes up on this and I really want it!

Ps, I will be very open from the start and not hide anything, of course I ashamed of my past but the main contributor was the mental health. Now I’m extremely open and wouldn’t hide anything from anyone!

Kind regards, Ryan
Applied As YCW - 15/02/21
Completed Stage 1 & 2 - 15/02/21
Successful Email - 16/02/21
ARC Booked On 16/02/21 For 08/03/21
Samc

Re: Vetting Process, Is There Any Point In Me Applying?

Post by Samc »

Sorry to hear you had a rough past, I don’t think anyone will be able to tell you if you’ll be successful or not throughout the vetting process but I can say just be open and honest, I know friends and family who have been through with things which you’d never think would get accepted and they have been. I’d say think positive, hope for the best and be honest. I’m sure you’ll make a great officer one day. Good luck and all the best

Post by Guest »

Hi

Well done on all you have overcome. I am currently going through vetting but with the Scottish prison service so not sure if its the same in England.

They asked about any previous convictions in my past.

In terms of medical questions and work history they only asked in regards to the last 3 years.

Good Luck
londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 »

If you are offered a conditional offer, you will have to declare all cautions, convictions and arrests. They will also want your medical history.
Each case is on its own merits, you can only be honest and hope for the best. The tag and suspended sentence may be a problem, but I don’t work in vetting.
It could be worth contacting recruitment to ask in advance.
MuayThaiRy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by MuayThaiRy »

I’ve applied and I think I did very well, although enter 1 hour on the lock I had to give up😂 now what am I waiting for?
Applied As YCW - 15/02/21
Completed Stage 1 & 2 - 15/02/21
Successful Email - 16/02/21
ARC Booked On 16/02/21 For 08/03/21
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

that lock part drove me wild :lol:
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Taff86 »

It gave me a headache 🤣🤣
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

An impossible bloody task that’s what that was !!!

A different approach to recruitment like, I must admit I hated the bugger, but got through unscathed....cackin me self pumping those balloons up for cash 😆
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

omg the balloons! anxiety overload that was hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
09/10/20 - application & online tests passed
05/12/20 - passed ARC & failed fitness
15/01/21 - passed fitness retake & on merit list
14/02/21 - offer accepted
15/02/21 - pre employment checks sent
Previous topicNext topic