Merit list

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Samc1888

Merit list

Post by Samc1888 »

Hi firstly I’m new here so thanks for all your posts these really helped me pass my ARC (virtual). As I’ve been successful I’ve been placed on the merit list for North east of England is anyone on here currently on the list waiting or had previous experience of how long it takes roughly for the northern prisons as I’ve heard some people say the south is much quicker? The reason I ask is I’m currently not employed so the sooner the better in my personal situation!
Last edited by Samc1888 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geordie

Re: Full Sutton- Merit List

Post by Geordie »

Firstly, I thought disclose your prison at all really.

Two... best find some patience as could be several months yet... basically doesn’t matter how long others have taken... you’ve just gotta wait it out in afraid
Geordie

Re: Full Sutton- Merit List

Post by Geordie »

I wouldn’t disclose**
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Top poster of the Month

Re: Merit list

Post by Taff86 »

I was on the merit list for 11months for one establishment, another one recruited and I applied for that and got offered the job within 2 weeks. It all depends what the staffing levels are within those prisons, if have a recruitment drive going, sometimes they put everyone on the merit list and wait until everyone has done the assessment day and then pick from the list. I would say have patience and dont get too down beat if it lasts awhile, be positive. Good luck with it 👍🏻
Samc

Post by Samc »

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your kind words can feel like the worlds longest wait for a job I’ve wanted so much and for so long. Hopefully my time will come soon, I do live near another prison so I’ll probably apply for another to strengthen my chances. Thanks again
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Keep your options open pal, especially if that other prison is recruiting 👍🏻
Samc1888

Post by Samc1888 »

I will be getting In touch with them tomorrow to apply for another there are 3 all within a a daily commute distance Of me so I’ll give the other a go, how do you go about applying do you do it online like normal or get in touch with recruitment services and they just add that onto the list of prisons your willing to work at?
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

I logged onto the justice jobs portal, found the vacancy through the external opportunities option, applied as normal, 5 minute job.

I then received one email to say I had passed my online tests, then another email the following day to say I had passed the assessment centre and I am now on the merit list.

What used to happen was you would apply as normal, still have to do the online tests again but not your ARC, contact recruitment if you pass the online tests and ask them to mirror over your ARC results to the new application/campaign.
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Hey guys!!

So I received a provisional offer email last night with all the prisons I had applied for... just under 3 weeks after my arc! :slyay: :slyay: the prisons by me are red flag prisons so this is probably why it has happened so fast for me also the lady I just spoke to said they are trying to speed everything up because theirs quite a big back log because they had to pause everything last year in recruitment so hopefully will be much quicker for everyone on the whole 🤞🏻
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Top poster of the Month

Post by Taff86 »

Wayhay congrats and good luck
Samc

Post by Samc »

Congrats on the offer! Mine was 3 weeks ago to, hopefully not long to wait. How do I find out if the prison I’ve applied for is a red flag prison ?
All the best
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

Amazing news! Well done and good luck with everything!

I've been waiting 3 weeks on the merit list too, fingers crossed we hear something by the end of the month 🤞🏽 but who knows!
09/10/20 - application & online tests passed
05/12/20 - passed ARC & failed fitness
15/01/21 - passed fitness retake & on merit list
14/02/21 - offer accepted
15/02/21 - pre employment checks sent
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Well done you lucky devil !!

Best of luck in your future 👍🏻
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

You might be able to ring and ask, it’s usually prisons with a really high staff turn over resulting in them being short staffed mostly all the time.

Again though I think it’s happened so fast due to effects of covid 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have a friend that’s been at the prison I’m going to for about a year now and the whole process for him took 7 months from applying (pre covid days)

So I think I’ve just got super lucky 🤷🏼‍♀️

Still gotta pass that fitness test though 😅😅
Samc

Post by Samc »

Yeah haha the dreaded fitness test! I’m pretty unhealthy to be honest used to drive for a living so was always say down, ever since the application started I’ve been jogging and watching what I eat e.t.c, have you been practising for the fitness test at all? Also I’m glad your process have been pretty quick so far I’m hoping mine isn’t to long also!