POELT Finished

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Shortyshan

Re: POELT Finished

Post by Shortyshan »

Barkingmad2 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:47 pm I thought the apprenticeship started January 2021?

I have my start date call tomorrow so I’m going to add it to my questions list

Let us know when you find out please mate! Be good to know
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

My training starts at the end of March and it's definitely the diploma.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Plantpot did you ask or did they tell you you’re doing the diploma?
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

After I got my call I got a detailed email about dates and starting the job and it says that you have been enrolled on the diploma programme
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Oh right. Maybe there is a delay in the apprenticeship starting? I’m defo going to ask tonight on my call
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Maybe people are getting confused because from work I’ve heard it’s the same sort of initial training and then you start the job and there’s workbooks and assessments as you work over the next year.

Who knows so confusing!
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Barkingmad can you pm me at all please got a few questions to ask
kingofthekippax
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by kingofthekippax »

No confirmed start date for apprenticeship, however both courses offer level 3 qualifications. The current training is 8 weeks including 2 of C&R and 13 workbooks completed during the 8 weeks. When the apprenticeship is rolled out you will still do initial training with additional weeks at stages during your first 12 months. Lots more paper work and workbooks on the apprenticeship.
Whichever course you complete will give you the basics and your real learning will be done upon return to your establishment and stepping onto the Landings.
:sley: Happyness is door shaped

HMPPS Prison Officer since April 2020
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Dobs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:06 am Barkingmad can you pm me at all please got a few questions to ask
Hi Dobs, I have no idea how you pm someone :slbli:
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Don’t worry mate i don’t think I’d be able to receive them anyway as the site won’t let me register lol