Got my call!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Barkingmad2

Re: Got my call!

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Jaybo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:43 am Did you get an email when your portal changed or did you just happen to see it when you logged on?
I just saw it when I logged on
kinzkuu

Post by kinzkuu »

Spear0 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 am I got my call on monday and start at my establishment on the 15th of march and then training at newbold 2 weeks later, I first did the online test in mid October 2020 so it has been fairly quick for me! Congratulations on getting your start date buddy!
Congratulations! What area in the UK? I applied in East Mids, been on the merit list for two weeks now
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Kinzuu - Cheers mate! I applied for the North, fortunately mate I think vetting is going really quick!! Shouldn't be long mate. Make sure you keep your phone on loud because you get called without a warning, your portal doesn't change or get an update.
kkinzku

Post by kkinzku »

PlantPot wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:18 pm Kinzuu - Cheers mate! I applied for the North, fortunately mate I think vetting is going really quick!! Shouldn't be long mate. Make sure you keep your phone on loud because you get called without a warning, your portal doesn't change or get an update.
the only thing changing on my portal is when i go on view application, arc day form, the date changes on it every day whereas before it wasnt.. not sure if this means anything haha!
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

My status has literally just changed to we will be in touch shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process, should this be the call? Or am I reading into this too much ?
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Dobs from what I’ve read, you’re waiting for the call! I’m the same, been waiting since Saturday. Hopefully shouldn’t be much longer for you now
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Cheers barkingmad it’s strange I never had an email this time but it also doesn’t say that all checks are complete lol it’s definitely not straight forward is it
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Yeah I didn’t get an email either. I just checked on the portal one day and it had changed to “ We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process”

Apparently the call will come in the evening from an unknown number with no heads up it is coming, so keep your phone close
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Ohh I will do don’t worry lol you never no we may be on the same training course lol
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

What area have you applied to?? I’m West Midlands
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Same here bud obviously can’t say what establishment on here but yeah west mids
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

I’m assuming Newbold with the Midlands for training so could end up together (obvs unless they do it in-house)
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Spear0 »

kinzkuu wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 pm
Spear0 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 am I got my call on monday and start at my establishment on the 15th of march and then training at newbold 2 weeks later, I first did the online test in mid October 2020 so it has been fairly quick for me! Congratulations on getting your start date buddy!
Congratulations! What area in the UK? I applied in East Mids, been on the merit list for two weeks now
Cheers buddy! I'm southwest. My status changed and then I got an email a week later to book the timeslot for my call!
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Spear0 »

Is anyone else starting their training at newbold on the 29/03/2021? Be good to have an idea of anyone else who may be on the same course as me!
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

I’ve just had the change to ‘referred for a decision’.
Hopefully not long now