ex officer :Advice on application

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

ex officer :Advice on application

Post by Russko »

Morning my friends :slbg:

After some advice, I won’t go into too much detail (happy to via inbox if it helps answering my query) but I was an officer 18-20 months ago about 3 months live after training and I had a really bad time with my little girl (illness) so went off myself due to the anxiety, stresses of it all and just general worry.

The long story short I eventually handed my notice in as her health was getting worse rather than better and felt a little pressured to return, so at the time it was the right thing for me to do. Shortly (about a week possibly) the Governor had a meeting and I assume as they knew I was leaving anyway she dismissed me for poor attendance in my probation.

Since then my little girl has made a dramatic recovery and is pretty much back to 100% health :slhs:

I would like to return to the service (I appreciate it can’t be the same establishment), is this an option? I have applied for another establishment nearby and am through to the virtual assessment which is in Feb.

I guess I just wanted some feedback of anyone who might know?

I assume if I pass the assessment then when it comes to vetting then I may be refused and have to appeal possibly?

I’ve also got my diploma from the POELT course I did back then so not sure if I would be asked to do it all again or maybe just a few weeks :slbli:

Would be grateful for some advice and whether to get my hopes up or not.

Thanks
Last edited by falkor on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title enhance
Dartsrob2

Re: Advice on application

Post by Dartsrob2 »

In short I wouldn’t know. I will say good luck though and hope everything goes well. It seems to be just new applicants and new starters on here. Hope someone with knowledge is kicking about to offer advice.
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

Thanks mate, hope so.
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Taff86 »

Did you appeal the dismissal?
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

Taff86 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 pm Did you appeal the dismissal?
No mate.

I already handed my notice in, so gave 4 weeks notice.

From memory a week or so later they had a meeting and dismissed me for poor attendance during my probation.

There was no need to appeal as I was leaving anyway due my daughters health and my own mental state at the time due to how ill she was.
Previous topicNext topic