I need to know whats happening

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Johnathon1988
Registered Member
Registered Member

I need to know whats happening

Post by Johnathon1988 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Hello, i am currently at the "we shall be in touch to let you know the next stage"
I passed vetting but i need to know how long this will take. I may be getting made redundant from my current job and its been a year since i applied and im beginning to think is this worth all the hassle if it is taken this long? I know they say be patient, but a year for a job is a bit much !
Anyone know any number i can ring? I dont want to lose my currwnt job and be unemployed for moths while i wait.
Thanks. Sorry for ranting its just stressing me out.

Dartsrob2

Re: I need to know whats happening

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:59 pm

How longs a piece of string? It can be 24 hours took 6 weeks and a renewal of the fitness test for myself. If you ring SSCL they can’t answer any questions. I think when vetting is passed it’s down to the prison to come up with a start date so you can receive a formal offer. Yeah most of us wait nearly a year from what I’ve seen especially up north. I think if you really want the job a year is too long. However I think if you really want the career a year is but an inconvenience.

ekoorc

Post by ekoorc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm in exactly the same situation. SSCL are not much cop in terms of actual useful information and I agree, nearly a year does feel like a long time.

Everything I've read so far does seem to indicate it will be between NOW or six weeks, whichever is less convenient 😆

Personally, I'm not working right now, so ASAP would be nice but I anticipate it will just take as long as it takes. Cue thumb twiddling.

Johnathon1988
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Johnathon1988 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Yeah. I am trying to stay optimistic but due to not being able to work in my current job due to lock down and not knowing whats happening with this job, its just frustrating more than it should.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:41 pm

I understand where your coming from Jonathan mate it’s really tough times. At least your at the end of your journey though just hang in there mate. I found waiting 6 weeks really hard. Some times even wondered if I had been forgotten about. Wish I could help you more pal. As I say just keep your phone on loud and close by, the call comes on an evening as an unknown number. Hope you get it tonight.

Johnathon1988
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Johnathon1988 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm

JUST HAD A TEXT. I AM GETTING THE CALL TONIGHT WITH START DATE!

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Get in there pal. Congratulations. Hope the start date is soon

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:37 pm

All good things 👍🏻🎉

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Anyone else had their scheduled virtual ARC cancelled recently ?

I was booked in for today but had an email at the weekend cancelling without reason.....COVID ?!

Hopefully the SPS don’t cancel on me next week 😬

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 pm

Bloody hell bearguy you going to have any luck with recruitment? I start your old prison on Monday can’t wait. Wish you was still there I would have flat shared with ya haha

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:22 am

Time will tell my friend !! In the same boat as everyone else, non the wiser to what’s going on 😆

Monday ! Best of luck pal, bet those butterflies will be kicking in come the weekend ! Keep us all in the loop !

A flat share, more like a caravan share in the prison car park 🤣, house prices are daft round there !

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 am

I know mate. Think the problem was everyone thought COVID would only be a couple of months so they didn’t start looking for a solution straight away. Now the backlog must be huge causing postponements and even cancellations. Hope you hear something soon.

Butterflies aren’t there yet I’m predicting Sunday afternoon with little to no sleep Sunday night!

House prices I know that’s why I had issue a few months ago with that lad from London who appeared to think all houses above the Watford Gap cost 40 grand and 200 quid a month to rent. Prisoners at that nick have a more desirable postcode than mine at home!

I will be moving to the outskirts which will be about 15 miles away. So glad I enjoy driving country roads!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic