Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Barkingmad

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Barkingmad »

Plantpot- I got an email saying I’d passed and then attached was a letter with all the info on it.

I’ve seen things about people maybe not disclosing where they’re working. It’s Max Sec which narrows it down
Barkingmad

Post by Barkingmad »

Labgurl - from your earlier post, I received 3 emails with documents to fill out within the first week of starting vetting
2 were employment and life stuff
1 was the medical

Don’t know if that helps you at all
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - It seems that you're further ahead then me in my vetting process, it's probably a good idea to for us all to update each other to help everyone else out in their vetting process
Barkingmad

Post by Barkingmad »

YESSSS!!! Sounds like a plan! Only way any of us will be able to gage where we are!
I did read somewhere that if prisons are desperate for staff, the vetting will be quicker.

I can’t believe I’ve only just found this site! Wish I’d known about it earlier, lots of great insights
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - Yeah we need to keep each other informed! I'm the same mate I've been on here two days and I wished I was on here ages ago! There's some really good post on here and really good people!
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Barkingmad- that's exactly what I got sent it all off mine was quiet easy as not been in work for 3 years due to daughter being disabled and partner earning enough to pay for all the bills but now want to go back to work with our daughter starting school this year. Not heard anything back yet but may ring on Monday and see how far they are.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

CTC/NS is only needed if you applied for a Cat A prison, this comes through first whilst vetting continues.

When your portal says,”we will be in touch with the next step of the recruitment process” this means you are through vetting stage and you are waiting for the call. This normally comes of an evening so keep your phone on loud.

Remember vetting takes around 12 weeks sometimes up to 16 from what I’ve read. Check your emails and junk folder regularly they will be in touch if they need more information. If you ring they can’t/won’t update you on your vetting.

Good luck time drags but you do get there!
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Oh and when you are waiting for the call I’ve heard of people waiting up to 8 weeks after passing vetting so don’t panic about the wait.
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Dartsrob - Thank you for your update, this has put me at ease! I don't mind waiting I was just worrying about the vetting even though I have no reason at all to be worried. I appreciate that mate.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Welcome to the forum people 👍🏻
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - it's good to be here mate, I was saying to BarkingMad yesterday I'm gutted I didn't find this place sooner! Really good people on here helping each other out.
Barkingmad

Post by Barkingmad »

Uni has been a big issue for my vetting purely because I have lived in like 6 different houses in the last 5 years so unfortunately got a lot to check!
Fortunately only 1 job!
I do just wish I’d found it sooner. Tried to make an account but never got the registration email which is annoying ☹️
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

No worries plantpot it can be one hell of a wait.

I applied through COVID it took 11 months from application to start date and for one on my training 12 months! I think everyone worries about vetting even though most have nothing to worry about it’s just the wait. We have all been there and bearguy amongst others helped me through.

Just try stay on here when you do start. Many seem to disappear when their little bits of knowledge are so valuable to those starting their recruitment process!

As bearguy said, welcome to the site people I hope you decide to stick around.
Barkingmad
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Barkingmad »

Dartsrob - 11 months omg!!!!!!

Feel very fortunate mine has only been 3, must have driven you mad waiting that long?? Are you in a job you like currently?

I hate my current job, so desperately wish to start before furlough ends and we have to go back
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Barkingmad. Don’t worry about it. There has been more complex vetting issues than your own.

When some seem to fly through the vetting process it generally means that they have applied to a priority prison so they get to go to the top of the list so to speak.

For some reason it won’t let me register which is no bother really. You can be fully active on the main board you just can’t send or receive private messages. Which isn’t an issue really.
Previous topicNext topic