Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Beccikc86

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 am

Oh well done. I’m waiting for Feltham too. Can I ask what your ARC score was so I can work out where I stand 🤣🤣🤣

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:37 am

Think it was 85%

Beccikc86

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 am

Well done! I’m jealous I haven’t got an offer 😩😩

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:45 am

Just be patient Becci. The turnover of staff is huge down south so the offer will come I’m sure. I’m up north, good ARC score and it’s taken me 11 months to get a start date. I’ve never read of anyone not getting an offer within 12 months.

Jpool

Post by Jpool » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Just an update for anyone in a similar position - I passed the virtual ARC in December. I received a conditional offer on Friday for my chosen prison and today I have just booked my fitness/medical for in 2 weeks time and have sent off my vetting forms.. now the wait begins :slbg:

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:22 pm

I don’t think the wait will be too long. Could be less than 12 weeks. You will be on the wings in no time

Beccikc86

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:25 pm

Jpool...

Where have u had an offer for?

Beccikc86

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Dartsrob..

I’m very impatient 🤣🤣 making me think my ARC score was shit

jpool

Post by jpool » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:39 pm

North West based folks (which i thought the wait times were a lot longer for). I never got told my ARC score, just that i was successful but i have been in touch with SSCL who have advised they will get in contact with my score😁

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Becci me too and it’s been over 11 months from application to start date for me. It does come eventually. You just feel a bit exhausted by the time the call does finally come round. But it does eventually. Just hang in there haha.

Your not wrong everything I’ve heard about north west is it’s a long process you must be a lucky bugger. Hope it’s a fast process for you.

jpool

Post by jpool » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Thanks Dartsrob2. Please could you let me know what the medical entails of? Do i need to take a list of any medications i’m on, are we drug/alcohol tested? I have had medicals for other places of work where i’ve had to get my doctor to fill forms out and where we have been tested but from what i’ve seen so far this one seems pretty straightforward and basic? Many thanks

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 pm

I sent off all my vetting forms - still haven’t had anything from occupational health, but I’m also interested in what I need for it

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Just a questionnaire about present and past injuries and illness. This can be followed by a call by occupational health but nothing to worry about. Just like anything be honest like I always say, if you mislead and they find out you will be dismissed even though what you misled about may be insignificant to them. If you feel fit for the role chances are you are. Refreshing though, most worry about the vetting rather than the medical haha.

All will be good your recruitment will be going a lot faster than others judging by it.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 pm

My healthcare form came just under a week after my vetting form if I remember rightly. It’s because it’s done by an external company. You just need to know your own medical background and find out dates you had vaccines. These can be obtained from your doctor.

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:06 pm

I had my offer last week just finished filling in the forms for previous job and home address will it go against me being out of a job for so long I did put I am a carer to my daughter that's the reason why and does anyone have any debts they are still paying off that's gone against them so much worry now but my fitness and medical is on the 27th January x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic