Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Martin »

PlantPot wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 pm Dartsrob - The worst is when I'm in work and i can't check!

Has anyone received phone calls or emails on weekends?
I got my email and text on a Sunday evening for my conditional offer .
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Martin - That's good to hear, I always assumed the weekends were a no go for emails/updates.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Dartsrob - that sounds really good! What’s the practical/ physical side of things like??

Also, do you do it with other people going to the same prison? Or is it with people from different prisons?

Martin - that’s sooo good to hear, well done!

I love the positivity of people being successful on this site ngl
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - I could be wrong but from what I've read I think you do it with people from different prisons, there could be people from your prison. They take your location into account but I believe you're put with people who have applied and pass at the same time as you.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Ah that’s not too bad then! I did wonder because if they did it with just people who applied to your prison, you could end up doing it on your own.
I’m so excited for it
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - Yeah I can't wait too mate. I've wanted to leave my current job for a while now so this is a blessing.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Same! I’ve hated my job for ages but it fit around nicely with what I was doing at that point. I’ve always wanted to be a prison officer so it’s exciting.

Plantpot - did you say your vetting said “will contact you shortly on the next stage” as well?
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - Yeah I've wanted to be a Prison Officer or a Fireman. Yeah that's what my current application status says.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Fingers crossed them we both hear something soon
How long as yours been like that for?
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - Yeah hopefully mate! You never know we could be on the same course!

Mines been like this for 1 week, what about you?
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Plantpot - literally from yesterday haha. Was going to try and gauge a length from yours.

Haha yeah you never know. Did you get your conditional offer when you got invited to start vetting? I did so hoping if all has gone well the call should be for a start date
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

BarkingMad - I got sent my conditional offer first and two days later I got sent my vetting forms, uniform sheet and health questionnaire.

From tomorrow my eyes will be glued to my phone unfortunately haha!
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Plantpot - yes I was the same! Hated doing the uniform sheet though, just cause of sizing you can’t try any of it on.

Haha same! I’ve never had my phone on loud so much. Everytime I get an email my heart stops for a second
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Evening everyone hope your all having a nice Sunday.

I've just checked my portal and it has gone from

Your application is currently going through pre employment checks and has been referred for a decision

And tonight it says

Your application is currently going through pre employment checks.

My sister in laws partner only sent off the personal reference this morning when I checked the portal at lunch it hadn't changed but now it has can anyone shine light on what stage this is and if I'm close to the call?

Thank you
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

Mine did the same thing the other day so I’ve been looking on here to see what it means, I have seen some people got the call very soon after this happened. Some people have had it change like this a few times before getting the call.
Unfortunately I think it’s just a waiting game, hopefully we don’t wait too long.
Previous topicNext topic