Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Barkingmad2

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Yes that is very true.
I’ve actually just gone and sorted all my socials.
Thankyou for the advice, really appreciate it
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Yeah cheers for the advice guys I appreciate it. We should enjoy it, this job has always been one of my dream jobs! As well as a Fireman but that's very difficult to get in.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

No worries barkingmad. I’m not here to lecture just to try help out really. Enjoy it chat just be mindful what you post we all slip up though don’t worry about it
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Dartsrob- are you able to tell us a bit about what the POELT was like?
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Not much to say. Intense. Stay on top of your workload. Only wear issued uniform which should be ironed seams in the right places boots shined. Just the obvious really. Enjoy it
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Dartsrob - Is the written/non practical stuff intense? Just because I haven't been in education for a number of years so don't know whether I'll be overwhelmed or not.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Yeah the non-physical is intense but there’s loads of us that are a long time out of the clerical ways. You have time if you stay on top of it. Remember to work as a team also, it’s a big part of the job. Help each other we all have different strengths.

You are already more than capable you have shown that by getting to this stage. Just don’t get complacent. I will repeat it stay on top of your workbooks.
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Dartsrob - With the non practical stuff how is it assessed? Is it exams? Coursework? Also how is the training presented to us? Is a sit and listen environment? I just wanted to get an idea really so I can improved where I can.

Thanks!!
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Don’t worry about it plantpot. It will all become apparent to you start. It maybe the apprenticeship not the diploma when you start so I don’t want to lead you down the wrong path. There is both reading and writing so ensure your handwriting is legible. You will be taught all you need to know just expect to take notes. Remember it’s education and training they don’t want you to fail. You won’t fail the tests you have already passed prove you are more than capable just enjoy.
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Dartsrob - I really appreciate all your help! I'm sorry if I come across as a bother I just worry too much! I suppose I can't be much worse than what I've already faced!
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Your not coming across as a bother at all pal. It’s good your showing so much interest. Trust me the wait is the worst. Don’t worry take it as it comes you are capable.
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Dartsrob - Thankfully I'm a paticent person haha!

Are you still in training or are you in the job?
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

I’ve passed the health and the clearances, just waiting for the employment and housing stuff to come back.
Applied to a pretty high turnover prison so hoping the vetting process is a bit quicker.
Anyone know how they check for address history? I’ve lived in many places over the years, some dates may not be so accurate, it’s very hard to trace back
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

I looked on my credit file which’s gives dates and addresses where I lived.
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice