Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Dartsrob2

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Dartsrob2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi labgurl. Who knows everything is judged on its own merit. Just be honest worst possible thing can be not declaring something that surfaces. Trust me your not the only one that worries about vetting. We all do. Wishing you all the best though and you will have to keep us updated.

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 am

Hi dartsrob2

Thank you I have put everything that I think they need so now just a waiting game thank you I'll keep you posted how long have you been waiting for vetting?

Dartsrob2 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 pm
Hi labgurl. Who knows everything is judged on its own merit. Just be honest worst possible thing can be not declaring something that surfaces. Trust me your not the only one that worries about vetting. We all do. Wishing you all the best though and you will have to keep us updated.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 am

Mine was 6 weeks but mine would have been straight forward. Never moved out of my home town, same employer for well over 5 years and no criminal history. For peace of mind though I had debt years ago and a month off work with depression declared it all and it didn’t count against me. Oh and I’m absolutely fine now. So if it takes a while don’t fret I’ve read of people being in vetting over 14 weeks and they may not be fully staffed at the moment.

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm

Thank you that's a big relief I'm still paying off some old debt but I have moved a few times and been in and out of jobs most was temp cover one was I left due to them messing me around and being bullied other my probation was up and didn't want to keep me I was in depression but I was never seen by a doctor so didn't mention it I just lost my grandad so was in a very dark place but I did put I am a carer to my disabled 3 year old daughter but she goes to school in September I've been out of work for 4 years now. Just waiting game it tests you patience this job but so worth it. Have you done your fitness test yet? Mine is booked for 2 weeks but can't get past level 3 on bleep test I'm quiet active and healthy any tips?

Dartsrob2 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 am
Mine was 6 weeks but mine would have been straight forward. Never moved out of my home town, same employer for well over 5 years and no criminal history. For peace of mind though I had debt years ago and a month off work with depression declared it all and it didn’t count against me. Oh and I’m absolutely fine now. So if it takes a while don’t fret I’ve read of people being in vetting over 14 weeks and they may not be fully staffed at the moment.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

It might make vetting take a bit longer but hey it’s out of your hands now. Leave em too it. Medical don’t smoke or drink coffee on the day it can raise your blood pressure. Bleep test it’s flat indoors and 15 meter shuttles not 20 meters. I would say couch 2 5 k worth a shot even now even though it would have helped if you started sooner. I would say though if you really want it on the day determination will pull you through.

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 am

Thank you I've been running since November which has helped a lot as when I started I struggled to breathe. Lucky enough I hate coffee and don't smoke 😁. I've been doing the bleep test on my drive 15m so pushing to 5.4 thank you for your help 😁

Dartsrob2 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm
It might make vetting take a bit longer but hey it’s out of your hands now. Leave em too it. Medical don’t smoke or drink coffee on the day it can raise your blood pressure. Bleep test it’s flat indoors and 15 meter shuttles not 20 meters. I would say couch 2 5 k worth a shot even now even though it would have helped if you started sooner. I would say though if you really want it on the day determination will pull you through.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:06 am

You keep pushing yourself and you will get there. On the day as well expect your adrenaline to kick in also. It’s like your cup final if you know what I mean so your body will go that extra 10%. Also if your breathing gets heavy let it. Who cares if people can hear you. Trying to make yourself quiet wasted energy. Try get a lot of rest in the night before too. Also when training for your bleep test have one day doing it one day off. Give your body time to recover. Worrying about it is probably restricting your performance in training anyway. Yeah I don’t smoke either but bloody love coffee also love the pub. Ah well another coffee it is!

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 am

Oh and you don’t have to quote me all the time either. I know your talking to me haha. For some reason an administrator seeing quotes is like Dracula seeing sunlight. Honestly if you listen carefully you can hear the screams haha

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Haha sorry it does it automatically it is annoying ihad a email today off them they wanted a year of employment that I had missed so sent that off but that's it 🤷‍♀️. Trying bleep test again tonight then normal run tomorrow

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Haha I wouldn’t know it won’t even let me register on here.

Yeah I had that at the start of my vetting, having to provide a bit extra information.

I run every other day and do strength training the days I’m not running and have Sunday off all together. I find it better for recovery and building stamina. Also a fan of 2.5 mins jogging 1 min walking 2.5 mins jogging 1 min walking. Well you get the idea. Find that helps improve stamina because of the effort it takes to get the body starting again.

As I say I’m not a trained PTI I’m just sharing what works for me. Still got those fingers crossed for you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic