Just had an offer..

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Jaybo

Just had an offer..

Post by Jaybo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:54 am

So I just had an offer from a prison, which I accepted, however, when I did accept it told me they will be in contact to schedule a fitness and medical appointment. I had already done one of these less than a month ago at my arc. Is this just a glitch?

Also, how long after you accept an offer do they contact you with vetting stuff

Dartsrob2

Re: Just had an offer..

Post by Dartsrob2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:12 am

Morning.

A few of us have had to renew our fitness test so I wouldn’t worry. I believe it’s to ensure it’s still in date after our POELT. As for vetting forms you log into the applications centre and complete them through there. Hope this helps

jpool

Post by jpool » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:31 am

Good morning,

After passing the virtual ARC last month i have just had a conditional offer which states -

“ Congratulations, after reviewing your application we are pleased to confirm that you are being progressed to the next round of the assessment process.

We are currently arranging the medical and fitness schedule for you and you will be invited to select a suitable date and time shortly.
In advance of your assessment event you should visit our website http://www.prison-officer-arc.co.uk.

This contains important information to help you prepare for this and the ID documents you need to show on arrival.”

I have not had my fitness or medical yet however i was wondering how to start the vetting process? Do i just wait to be sent something through or should there already be something on the portal?

Many thanks for any help

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Welcome to the game of patience jpool and congratulations on passing the VARC. You don’t start vetting until a conditional offer is given. The process from first test to formal offer for me was just under 11months.

Online Tests
ARC and Fitness
The wait
Conditional offer (this is the stage where you will be asked to fill out vetting and medical forms)
Vetting
Formal Offer

It all comes round eventually. You just find yourself checking your online portal as often as your social media hoping for change. Loads of good reads to keep you busy on this site though with tips littered throughout

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Just to clarify as well. You will continually receive update but the conditional offer is when you are offered a job from one of your chosen prisons providing your medical questionnaire and vetting are successful. This is when you are offered a formal offer

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 pm

I have got the conditional offer but nothing about vetting has come through yet, guess it’s just a waiting game.
Only did my ARC a month ago so I think the fitness should be in date, it was just they have provided a link to ARC prep website so it threw me off abit

Dobs

Post by Dobs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:02 pm

I had the same on Thursday night, conditional offer then the link took me to the arc site, I called sscl Friday whom advised me this is a glitch in the system as I have passed my arc and fitness in November, if you get in contact with them they will re send the email with the correct link to the vetting form. Well done and welcome to the horrible wait lol. What area did you get accepted for? I’m midlands based

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Cheers, I’ll give them a call

I’m down south, London area

jpool

Post by jpool » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:53 pm

Thankyou Dartsrob2. I did get a conditional offer and accepted it, that’s what it says now but from reading the other comments it looks like it’s maybe wrong as i think i should have been sent vetting/medical forms at the same time?? i will give them a call on Monday. This is going to be a long wait :slwh:

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:28 pm

It’s certainly confusing times but good luck all. Keep chatting and getting to know each other on here. It goes flat sometimes so important to keep it going

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Does anybody know what happens with all this pay stuff?
I’ve heard people saying that the pay on the advert for the job isn’t actually what you get paid etc?
For example, the standard pay is around £22k, one of the prisons advertised was an amber site so the pay was around £27k. If you don’t start till the summer, will you still get £27k as it was on the application you applied for?

I’ve read a few conflicting opinions on here so I’m unsure, if anyone has recently started and has actual knowledge it would be very helpful.

FlyingGirl2020
Rookie Member

Post by FlyingGirl2020 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi guys. Sorry to barge in! Jaybo, do you mind me asking which prison in London you got the offer for?

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 am

Feltham, did my ARC early December, got the offer on this week

FlyingGirl2020
Rookie Member

Post by FlyingGirl2020 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 am

That’s fantastic, well done! I’m waiting on Feltham too. Hoping I hear something soon. I did my ARC in Dec also :)

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:00 am

Good luck!
I’ve just had to call up as they logged me wrong on the system, hopefully get my vetting details through soon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic