83% arc score

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Dobs

83% arc score

Post by Dobs » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi this is my first post, Iv just recently passed my arc with a score of 83% for the roll plays and interview I got 10 out of 10 for the maths and the other results just say pass, the same for the fitness, could you tell me if this is a reasonable score as I have now been placed on a merit list,
Many thanks

Ladder69
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: 83% arc score

Post by Ladder69 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:46 pm

That's a decent score, I got similar and I work for the service now

Dobs

Post by Dobs » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Ohh that’s good to hear, I guess il be sat here waiting for things to progress now then, thank you for your reply

Whoopy

Post by Whoopy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:44 pm

I’m just waiting for my results now, did the ARC the other day

Keep us updated on what happens next with you; will be interesting to see how fast you go through

Thskinner123

Post by Thskinner123 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:08 am

I passed with 65 % and got my offer within a week, just depends if spaces are available etc but that is a high score so shouldn’t be long hopefully!

Good luck, it feels like the longest wait of your life

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:10 am

I’d say any pass is of a good standard so yes 83% is great 👍. Just don’t be put off the wait. It took me 7 months for a conditional offer, 6 more weeks to clear vetting, 3 weeks later and a second successful fitness test and I’m still waiting for ‘The Call’.

My tips would be stay active on this forum, help others out where you can and try resist looking at your MOJ portal daily even weekly if you can. It all comes together in the end. He says still waiting after 9 months.

On a plus though if you read some of the older posts the process has improved. In the days of RAD you read of those waiting 18 months to 2 years!

All the best and good look with the game of patience!

Dobs

Post by Dobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am

Thank you all for your reply’s and advise, il definitely keep in touch on here with regular updates I wish you all the very best looks like we’re all in the same boat.

P4yne
Rookie Member

Post by P4yne » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi

I’ve just received an email to say that I’ve been successful in the ARC. As it’s a merit campaign it says that I will be contacted when a position becomes available etc etc. However, it doesn’t say anything about my score. So I’m curious.. how did you all find out what you scored?

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm

I can only say when I did it precovid. I was given my pass first then a few days later I got my finalised score. A pass is a pass though so congratulations and welcome to the patience carousel before the rollercoaster that is vetting!

Dobs

Post by Dobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:03 pm

I literally had 2 emails one after another, first was to say I’d passed and was now on a merit list the second was a breakdown of the scores, let’s hope we’re not waiting too long for offers

P4yne
Rookie Member

Post by P4yne » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Dobs wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:03 pm
I literally had 2 emails one after another, first was to say I’d passed and was now on a merit list the second was a breakdown of the scores, let’s hope we’re not waiting too long for offers
Ah I see! I’ll keep a look out as I haven’t received the second one as of yet, but thank you. Did you do the virtual ARC? I was thinking that maybe I haven’t received a score as I haven’t done the fitness text yet.

P4yne
Rookie Member

Post by P4yne » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Dartsrob2 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm
I can only say when I did it precovid. I was given my pass first then a few days later I got my finalised score. A pass is a pass though so congratulations and welcome to the patience carousel before the rollercoaster that is vetting!
Thank you for your reply😊 yes, I’ve heard that the vetting process is unfortunately very long!

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Or reinforces the patience needed for the job ahead. Always best to focus on the positive. Again well done on the pass. Any pass grade is a good grade 👍

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:08 am

A pass is a bloody pass man, you went there to achieve a pass not a percentage.

I wish people wouldn’t fret about what score they got, you passed, great, now sit pretty until you hear about a start.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:47 am

To be fair bearguy you remember when we passed first time round. They make it seem your pass percentage is pivotal to getting a placement it’s only by spending time on here you realise it’s only the pass that matters. Well done though a big percentage don’t make it on to the merit list.

The first four weeks for me after passing were very exciting then until vetting you learn to push it to the side. Finally when you pass vetting it gets bloody frustrating watching the phone every evening waiting for ‘The Call’ to come.

You will get there boys and girls but get ready for the emotional rollercoaster!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic