Some positive news in dark times....

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Mobileangler
Rookie Member

Some positive news in dark times....

Post by Mobileangler » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:05 pm

I thought I would share some positive news in these times of dread and uncertainty. I applied back in January had my ARC booked as it turns out 2 days into lockdown version 1.0 lol.
Virtual interview during the lockdown and waited passed my ARC on the 3rd November with a score of 73%. Didn't think that was too bad I guess. Expected a long wait on the merit list for 2 establishments. But 15 days later I get a call offering me a provisional job offer at both which would I prefer?? Caught me slightly on the hop being late evening.
Submitted my vetting forms this morning and now the long arduous wait begins in earnest.

After reading people being on merit lists for 12 months etc I wasn't holding hope a score of 73% i thought could have been better. But goes to show things can progress much faster than expected as well as take a long time so all on their personal journeys hang in there and the day will come 😀😀

Belfast86
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Some positive news in dark times....

Post by Belfast86 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:08 pm

More positive news!!

I passed all the stages and received my letter of appointment for the Northern Ireland Prison service. I start my training in a few weeks!

Congratulations Mobileangler :slcl:

Taff86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Taff86 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Congrats both! I had something positive last week too...covid results 🤣🙈

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Mobileangler and Belfast86 many congratulations!

Sorry to hear that Taff... how’s the job going? Will they pay you to isolate then?... I’m hoping they will.!

Taff86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Taff86 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Job is great, yea they paying for covid related sickness/isolation and it doesn't go against your sick record.

AdamL

Post by AdamL » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Congratulations on the post mate, sorry for interrupting your post with a totally unrelated matter but I've finally been selected for an appointment for an OSG at my local prison, Ive got all the information I needed par one, the drug testing procedures for OSGs, don't worry I have nothing to hide and well and truly clean.

The problem lies in the type of test I'm covered in head to toe in tattoos but still faint at the site of a needle going in my skin 🤣 will the drug tests be bloods?
Thanks guys

Labgurl1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Labgurl1993 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi

Sorry to jump on your post but was wondering is the maths and English really hard? Been told it is.
And also did you have to do your fitness test after the virtual arc

Thank you.

Mobileangler wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:05 pm
I thought I would share some positive news in these times of dread and uncertainty. I applied back in January had my ARC booked as it turns out 2 days into lockdown version 1.0 lol.
Virtual interview during the lockdown and waited passed my ARC on the 3rd November with a score of 73%. Didn't think that was too bad I guess. Expected a long wait on the merit list for 2 establishments. But 15 days later I get a call offering me a provisional job offer at both which would I prefer?? Caught me slightly on the hop being late evening.
Submitted my vetting forms this morning and now the long arduous wait begins in earnest.

After reading people being on merit lists for 12 months etc I wasn't holding hope a score of 73% i thought could have been better. But goes to show things can progress much faster than expected as well as take a long time so all on their personal journeys hang in there and the day will come 😀😀

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Taft that’s good... surely the prison service pay sick pay anyway?.. even if it’s not covid...if you have the flu or something like that for example.

Mobileangler
Rookie Member

Post by Mobileangler » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Congrats Belfast86 excellent news.

Labgurl the maths was so basic my kids should ace it and they are 6 and 10 lol the English was also really easy just take your time and read the question fully before writing anything.

I was one of the last to do my ARC in person but the fitness was that afternoon and it was easier than I expected to be fair train for it I had to speed and stamina training over a period of time but mostly on the day enjoy the experience if you fail something go back and do it again that was my plan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic