Been rejected for one but approved for another

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
willow22

Been rejected for one but approved for another

Post by willow22 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am

Hello,

I have applied for multiple different prisons, just applications, and online tests, I haven't done an ARC yet.

One of the prisons I applied for has said my application is unsuccessful.
Another prison has said they are currently arranging a suitable time for my selection event.
and another prison has said congratulations I am through to the next round of the recruitment process and will be invited to select a date shortly.

Because I have been rejected for one, does this mean ill be rejected for all eventually?
I know I should follow the instructions given on the messages, however, all the prisons used the same scores from my online games and application. how can I have failed one but passed another?

willow22

Re: Been rejected for one but approved for another

Post by willow22 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:26 am

I would like to add, the one that says congratulations has a link to the ARC website to help me prepare

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:04 am

I’m confused as well but it’s confusing times so much may have changed. Normally when you’ve applied for numerous prisons when one gives you a conditional offer, ( an offer dependent on clearing vetting) your applications are withdrawn from all other prisons.

Though I’m guessing. The rejected offer is from a prisons campaign that finished early, (this happens when they receive more than enough applications).

Seen as you passed your tests your other two applications should be live until your arc and thereafter should you pass. Then enjoy the long wait until you get an offer, (7 months for me). Then the joy of vetting only 12 weeks but seems longer than the 7 months haha.

All the best with ARC and hope your selection is a bit faster than mine!

willow22

Post by willow22 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:38 am

Almost immediately after I posted this I received an invitation link to an ARC, very confusing being rejected, and also offered an interview within an hour!

I've heard of people being on the waiting list for ages, I'm hoping that if I make it that far it will be worth the wait.

All the best, hopefully, you're in a role asap and the vetting goes well.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah don’t read failed vetting posts they send you paranoid even though you know nothings a miss. Just have a look if the worst happens.

ARC is all good be confident without being arrogant and all should be fine!

Probably rejected application because the campaign finished early.

Good luck and keep us all updated

TheRealMe
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by TheRealMe » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:33 pm

I think it’s just a case of completing one application fully ie - Online tests and Arc. Once you’ve passed everything, you can then email the recruitment team and ask for your results to be mirrored on to any other live recruitment campaigns that suit you. Contact the recruitment team and they’ll be able to advise you of the correct procedure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic