Page 1 of 2

We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm
by Surferguy
Hi everyone sorry this is my first post. So I applied in Jan, did my arc in march then merit list . Then 4 months ago I got offered a position subject to checks. I been watching the portal and switches to checks being carried out, to decision , then checks again for months. But now I have "we shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of recruitment process." Has anyone had this, does this mean I've passed screening? :slbg:

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 pm
by Surferguy
It's ok I've just been answered I start in December :slyay:

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm
by JCOX4
It means you failed vetting

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 pm
by J129
Surferguy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi everyone sorry this is my first post. So I applied in Jan, did my arc in march then merit list . Then 4 months ago I got offered a position subject to checks. I been watching the portal and switches to checks being carried out, to decision , then checks again for months. But now I have "we shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of recruitment process." Has anyone had this, does this mean I've passed screening? :slbg:
Hey, hope you don't mind me asking, how long did your vetting take roughly ? Congratulations on the job!!! I wish you all the best!!

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:07 am
by Surferguy
Thanks mate . Erm so I applied in Jan when i moved here. The vetting part has taken over 3 months, I don't know how I managed it I've lived so many places and had so many jobs alot of which has closed. I thought I'd of least to of had to appeal. Anyway I have my induction on 21st of December. It's crazy really just started a great business development job and I'm going to have to leave. I've waited so long for this id be stupid to not see it through :D

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 am
by Surferguy
JCOX4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm
It means you failed vetting
Nah I start 21st of December. So glad I didn't see this until after the call lol :sley: . They called me five mins after I posted

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:10 am
by Surferguy
[

Hey, hope you don't mind me asking, how long did your vetting take roughly ? Congratulations on the job!!! I wish you all the best!!
[/quote]



Thanks mate . Erm so I applied in Jan when i moved here. The vetting part has taken over 3 months, I don't know how I managed it I've lived so many places and had so many jobs alot of which has closed. I thought I'd of least to of had to appeal. Anyway I have my induction on 21st of December. It's crazy really just started a great business development job and I'm going to have to leave. I've waited so long for this id be stupid to not see it through :D

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:16 am
by JCOX4
Surferguy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 am
JCOX4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm
It means you failed vetting
Nah I start 21st of December. So glad I didn't see this until after the call lol :sley: . They called me five mins after I posted
Ah well was worth a try 😜
Congratulations on the news!
J

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am
by DrTadWinslow
@surferguy, how much are you getting paid at your business development job? Wouldn't a prison officers salary be less than the salary you're on right now?

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 pm
by Surferguy
JCOX4 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:16 am
Surferguy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 am
JCOX4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm
It means you failed vetting
Nah I start 21st of December. So glad I didn't see this until after the call lol :sley: . They called me five mins after I posted
Ah well was worth a try 😜
Congratulations on the news!
J
Thank you mate I'm so excited. They just brought it forward to the 7th of December. Thought it was a strange time to start

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm
by Surferguy
DrTadWinslow wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am
@surferguy, how much are you getting paid at your business development job? Wouldn't a prison officers salary be less than the salary you're on right now?
Yeah so about 30k but more job security in this. Well I hope ha ha

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:59 pm
by Surferguy
JCOX4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm
It means you failed vetting
You starting in jan, You be at Newbold revel then ? I might see you there. I just don't know what to expect . This has consumed me since Jan :sloo:

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 pm
by JCOX4
Yes mate start Jan 4th at establishment and also training at establishment. No mention of Newbold as of yet so will have to wait and see. I went to Newbold a little while ago to redo my fitness test and the place looks amazing!
J

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm
by DrTadWinslow
Surferguy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm
DrTadWinslow wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am
@surferguy, how much are you getting paid at your business development job? Wouldn't a prison officers salary be less than the salary you're on right now?
Yeah so about 30k but more job security in this. Well I hope ha ha
Fair enough, you're following your passion! And I guess we could all do with some job security during these challenging times

Re: We shall be in contact shortly to let you know next stage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:57 am
by Surferguy
DrTadWinslow wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm
Surferguy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm
DrTadWinslow wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am
@surferguy, how much are you getting paid at your business development job? Wouldn't a prison officers salary be less than the salary you're on right now?
Yeah so about 30k but more job security in this. Well I hope ha ha
Fair enough, you're following your passion! And I guess we could all do with some job security during these challenging times
Yeah exactly and although it is a good job I need a change. I work for a multi billion pound blue chip internet company but at the end of the day no reason why they couldn't shut the office I work. Just want to try this and make a career here and hmp gartree seems interesting place