South east prison choices

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

South east prison choices

Post by Charlotteisace » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi

Just looking for some advice if possible please?

I have applied for youth justice worker for Feltham which is my number one choice.

I am looking into other options too as back ups. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice / thoughts on;
Bedford
Milton Keynes
The Mount
Grendon
Aylesbury youth offenders

Thanks so much!

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: South east prison choices

Post by londonlad81 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:36 pm

What do you need to know? Unless anyone worked there they are unlikely to give advice and the chances are no one could really compare all of them as each prison is different..
Look at the different category of them and how far they are to travel to.Most prisons are Cat C, most convicted prisoners are Cat C.
Cat B holds mainly remand prisoners, who have pending court cases. There will still be some convicted prisoners there too.
Last edited by londonlad81 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: South east prison choices

Post by Charlotteisace » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I think I probably worded that pretty badly. It’s more of a case of I’m not in the service and it was more of a case of wondering whether anyone has any feedback on those particular establishments. I.e bedford has low staffing levels, Aylesbury has a great focus of rehabilitation programmes etc etc. Those are the prisons within my surrounding areas so it was just a case on hearing any thoughts / experience that anyone might’ve had.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic