ARC Results

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Oliviad

Re: ARC Results

Post by Oliviad »

Thank you! Appreciate that, good luck for Sunday!
gaboo 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gaboo  »

Well i finally went down to take my documents to be checked at the prison, and status has now changed to on the merit list :D

Though the Vetting lady i took my documents too said it shouldnt take too long as they were keen to get me started. which is good so fingers crossed i can be back on the landings in no time. though it will be VERY hard doing the first month shadowing thing and not being able to get hands on with any incidents. going to have to break the habit there
If not us, who? If not now, when?

Applied: 07/16
RAD: 07/16
Results: 08/16
Conditional Offer: 10/16
POELT Started: 01/17
Left Service: 03/19

Re-applied: 01/20
ARC(??): 20/02/20
Results: 24/02/20
Conditional offer - 27/03/20
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

I don’t think places mess around now, they want bodies in fast !
iainamf

Post by iainamf »

Hi everyone,
Attemted ARC last year, faiĺed with score 53 out of 80. Recently re applied. Passed the on line tests (skyline was an interesting experience). Hope to attemt arc again soon. I notice this can be taken at Wakefield, which is good (closer than Manchester).

Anyone work at Lindholme/Moorlands Doncaster? Any comments regards job satisfaction and their experiences there most welcome. Thanks,
Regards
Ant20

Post by Ant20 »

I’ve been on merit list two month now, is waiting time varies for different establishments? And how long have others waited are still waiting?
Taff86 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Group Leader: Zulus

Post by Taff86  »

I was on the merit list for nearly 11 months for one establishment and 3 months for another before I was offered a position. It depends if they have positions available and where on the list you are with the score from ARC.
northorsouth 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by northorsouth  »

iainamf wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:38 pm Anyone work at Lindholme/Moorlands Doncaster? Any comments regards job satisfaction and their experiences there most welcome. Thanks,
Regards
Good luck for you ARC iainamf!

I do indeed know those prisons, one of them very well! What sort of thing would you like to know?

NOS :slre:
Applied 09/08/19
Online tests 11/08/19
Results 12/08/19
Arc Manchester 05/09/19
Officially passed arc 06/09/19
Initial offer 17/09/19
Vetting begun 18/09/19
The call 08/10/19
Start 11/11/19
iainamf

Post by iainamf »

Thanks for replying and the good luck message.
Would like to know things such as:
Is there much turnover in prison officers there?
What are main reasons when someone leaves?
Do you ever find the job uplifting?
Rekitt

Post by Rekitt »

Hi Guys

Just received the email saying I passed all my ARC after having to redo the fitness test on the 7th in Manchester.
I received an email after saying there were now no jobs at my applied prisons (Frankland, Low Newton & Durham) so I have been put on a merit list.
My results said Pass in each row so I'm not sure how good my scores were.
Is this all okay? I have never been through anything like this before is all.
Many thanks.
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

Seems the norm to me rekkit. Wrap up warm, its cold and wet over here on the merit list
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice
northorsouth 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by northorsouth  »

iainamf wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:25 pm Thanks for replying and the good luck message.
Would like to know things such as:
Is there much turnover in prison officers there?
What are main reasons when someone leaves?
Do you ever find the job uplifting?
The staff turnover rate is going down at the one I'm at and retention is getting better, I haven't really heard of many people leaving yet but only been live for around a month so been focusing more on the job itself than the politics surrounding.
As for the job being uplifting, definitely! You have horror days and ones that you never even want to think of (bare in mind I've only been live 4 and a bit weeks and had a couple of these) but you have ones that go perfectly, you feel like you've made a difference to someone and yes totally feel uplifted by the end of it.

If you have a look at a few of my posts there is one about what's happened since I went live and my diary one from training, the will give you a bit of an insight into what's been going on

NOS :slre:
Applied 09/08/19
Online tests 11/08/19
Results 12/08/19
Arc Manchester 05/09/19
Officially passed arc 06/09/19
Initial offer 17/09/19
Vetting begun 18/09/19
The call 08/10/19
Start 11/11/19
Ant20

Post by Ant20 »

Taff86 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:07 pm I was on the merit list for nearly 11 months for one establishment and 3 months for another before I was offered a position. It depends if they have positions available and where on the list you are with the score from ARC.
Thanks I got 64/80 on my arc so hopefully that’s a high score, hopefully something will come up soon!!
Taff86 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Group Leader: Zulus

Post by Taff86  »

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully not too long to wait.
iainamf

Post by iainamf »

Thanks very much NOS for taking the time to answer my questions. Looks like it's going well for you.
Regards
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Iainamf, as you are new just have a look at the thread about the rules of the board mate.

Especially about quoting previous posts, that was unnecessary, just keep the conversation flowing.
Previous topicNext topic