ARC Results

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Jafe
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: ARC Results

Post by Jafe »

How was the tour JC? I’ve been offered one now, but not got any dates in place yet just ordered uniform too :slcl:
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

It was fantastic! The SO that walked me round was really welcoming, the staff were welcoming and were happy to answer any Qs. I felt like it was a really tight nit team which was nice. It was a great insight to what life is like on the other side of the wall and made me even more hungry for it.
I can't believe they are not offered as standard anymore tbh!?
I felt really nervous prior to going in but was put at ease by the new staff mentor/SO within minutes.
I'd reccomend anyone who has passed vetting to try and arrange one with your establishment prior to start date.
The worst that can happen is they say no.
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice
gaboo 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gaboo  »

Sounds like you had a really good experience there mate. and just think, the next time you walk through them gates youll be going in there not just looking at the team from the outside, but you'll actually be a part of that close nit team .

Arent you glad you persevered with the appeal now :)
If not us, who? If not now, when?

Applied: 07/16
RAD: 07/16
Results: 08/16
Conditional Offer: 10/16
POELT Started: 01/17
Left Service: 03/19

Re-applied: 01/20
ARC(??): 20/02/20
Results: 24/02/20
Conditional offer - 27/03/20
Jafe
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jafe »

I think my establishment offers them to all new starters as he said he was stacked out with tours! I have mine in April really excited ! The man seemed really nice I spoke to and I am really looking forward to it even more now especially now I have heard your experience!
Jambogmail1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jambogmail1 »

:slby: guys just having a good read a few posts and getting the inside onsite, I’ve just picked my assessment date and can’t wait so making sure I’m fully prepared. What is the minimum pass for the ARC?

Ta very much :slty: was
gaboo 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gaboo  »

Jambogmail1 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm What is the minimum pass for the ARC?
The numerical part is 80%, or 8/10 ( there's only 10 fairly straight forward questions) the rest is 70% though no idea how they calculate the percentages properly. I'm sure you'll do fine though. Then the physical is either a pass or fail

Popsy

Post by Popsy »

The longest 13 days of my life are over, got an email to say I passed the ARC! :slyay:

Just need to book the fitness test now which from what I've read should be a doddle.

Can anyone please advise if I should just turn up in trackie bottoms for it or should I dress smartish and change there?
Taff86 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Group Leader: Zulus

Post by Taff86  »

I turned up in my gym gear to do the fitness test. Only there for 20minutes :slbg:
gaboo 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gaboo  »

Popsy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:38 pm The longest 13 days of my life are over, got an email to say I passed the ARC! :slyay:
nice. congratulations :)

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 »

We were told we passed the ARC on the day, did mine this week. Unfortunately have to re do a medical before doing the fitness test. Blood pressure too high to do test! Which really annoyed my as only 39 and used to be in the Forces.
Going to see doctor and confirm if it’s white collar syndrome or something else. Was really anxious throughout the whole day mind!
Oliviad

Post by Oliviad »

Hi all

Had my assessment day in Birmingham on Tuesday, I was the only person there! Haven’t had my results yet, nor done my medical or fitness test, waiting for the results and to book that in in Croydon - does this seem normal? Any advice? I was told 2 days I’d have the results but still nothing!

Thanks
Popsy

Post by Popsy »

I had the same bham/Croydon split. Guy in brum told me would be a couple of days, ended up being 13! Going Croydon on Sunday :slto:
Oliviad

Post by Oliviad »

Ah ok that’s good to know! And did you chase at all or just get your results via email? How quickly could you then do your fitness test? I know you said you’re going Sunday but wondered when you got your results
Popsy

Post by Popsy »

Got my results on Wednesday. Slots for fitness were available I think for the very next day up until maybe 14th March, at least two or three slots a day to choose from
Popsy

Post by Popsy »

Forgot to say, I did phone SSCL after a week but they said were waiting for results from the assessment centre. Don't think it will make any difference chasing it other than showing you're keen.
Previous topicNext topic